two

⋆౨ৎ˚⟡˖ ࣪

𝗔𝗘𝗚𝗢𝗡'𝗦 𝗙𝗔𝗩𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗘 𝗕𝗨𝗥𝗗𝗘𝗟 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗞 𝗧𝗢𝗗𝗔𝗬. Only a couple candles were lit and the whores were not offering anyone water or alcohol like they usually did. He rolled over in the mattress he was-now-left alone in. His throat was dry, his head hurt, when he stood up. "What is her name?" One of the ladies called out from behind the curtain.

He did not remember speaking to the whore about- "Yvaine." His vocal cords failed him and it came out as a hoarse whisper.

The curtain slid over and a blonde woman peeked in. "Oh, that's what you were whispering, my prince, I thought it was your funny language." Whispering? Had Aegon whispered—? He could not remember.

"What hour is it?" He asked her, trying to ignore her earlier comment.

"Of the wolf, my prince." She sent him a seductive smile but Aegon simply threw a poach of gold at her and fell back on the mattress. The whore disappeared quickly, leaving him alone with his rotten mind. He hated how he felt sober and if there was no wine here today, he needed to go back.

𝗬𝗩𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗘 𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗞𝗘𝗗 𝗨𝗣 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 as she heard the doors opening and saw already drunk Aegon stumbling inside. She froze, but then he met her gaze and sat down on the floor. He tilted his head left and she realised he was trying to see the cover of the book in her hands. She raised it slowly so he could see and a bitter chuckle ripped out of him as he put the cup full of wine on the floor.

"Who picked that for you? Aemond?" Was everyone suddenly trying to be better than him? To show him what a failure he was?
He leaned his head on the armchair next to him and stared at her. "Why?"

Yvaine read a book that children used to learn Valyrian. Aegon himself knew a lot of commands for the dragons, but he never learned grammar or anything that was not useful. "I thought it would be nice to know some of it." She admitted. "Targaryens speak it and I'm marrying one." Her voice was soft and calm. It reminded Aegon of something, but he did not know what. He looked at the floor breaking the eye-contact and another bitter chuckle escaped him.

"You needn't. I'm rather a poor excuse for one." Aegon noticed the carpet in this room was very fluffy and suddenly he wanted to feel it. He laid down on it, forgetting about his wine and curling up, like his dragon did, to sleep.

"My prince," Yvaine whispered, "it is my chamber..." He hummed in agreement, but spared it no thought. "It is inappropriate for you to be here with me alone." She tried again.

"I know." A sigh escaped him and Yvaine watched as Viserys's firstborn son fell asleep on her carpet. Should she try to poke him with a finger to wake him? If someone had found out about him being in her day-chambers at night, alone... It would tarnish her reputation. "Why did you get a carpet so soft, when I have none in my room?" His words were simple and yet they sounded as if he cried for help. When he turned on she saw some tears in his eyes, but said nothing. She thought they were probably the drunken tears. The ones she got too, when she had drank a little too much at her sister's wedding.

"Yvaine," Aegon said, "I will stay here, I have no strength to find my way back." She believed him. But he could not stay here with her. It was wrong.

When Yvaine saw he had no intention of moving, on the contrary, she heard his breath becoming slower... The girl took the blanket she was wrapped in and put in over him. She put the cup of wine on the table so he would not spill it and she left her room, going to the Queen's chambers.