𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

Kagenari is returned to the real world while covered in bruises. "That damned doctor and nurse!" He cursed at them for ruining his plan as they successfully brought most of them back to reality.

He felt a cold, sharp rapier and gun pointed at him. Kagenari glanced up to see Luna and Parado. "Mind explaining what's going on?" Parado asked in an icy tone.

"What's your true agenda here apart from creating a VR world for your daughter, Kagenari." Luna asked while her amethyst eyes glowed in anger. She pointed her rapier close to his neck as it cut a bit of his skin. "Start explaining from the beginning."

————————————————————

Ophelia and Emu took off their headgear with their solemn expression. They failed to bring the girl back and wandered her refusal to return.

"Madoka-chan.... why?" Emu asked sadly while Ophelia pulled him close. "Fee-chan..."

"We'll get the bottom of this, Emu. I read her aura... she's in pain and guilt behind her smile. I promise we'll get Madoka-chan back." Ophelia vowed while comforting her childhood friend.

————————————————————

"Well done." Johnny complimented Madoka's success in achieving the task he gave her while the world turned black. He absorbed the three Gashats and began to glow fiery orange. "Thanks to you, I got it... the power of omniscience and omnipotence." He congratulated her.

"Who are you?" Madoka asked the man curiously and never met him.

"The ultimate... last boss!" His eyes glowed red.

————————————————————

They gathered around to interrogate Kagenari in the heavy rain. No one bothered to stay in the shelter to dry as their time ran out to save Madoka.

"Why did you send your own daughter to the VR world?" Ophelia asked and broke the silence. "I don't want to hear lies because Zilar, Luna and I could sense it." She warned him while her eyes glowed blue.

"So Madoka can be happy." Kagenari answered.

"A world is nothing but a fake." Zilar retorted back in a stern voice. "Does it have something to do with her illness? You refuse to let your daughter suffer in pain by putting her in the VR world?" He asked and analyzed his true agenda.

Kagenari glanced at him. "I understand why the police are grateful to have you of your analysis and deduction skills, Argent Zilar." He heard about his achievements and wasn't expecting Zilar to be the Silver Knight.

"Don't change the subject here, Nagumo Kagenari." He warned him.

"I didn't want her to suffer the reality of an incurable disease." Kagenari explained and masked his sadness for thinking of his ill daughter. "I wanted her to be able to smile."

"How can you just give up on your daughter's life!?" Emu snapped at Kagenari's pessimism and losing hope of curing Madoka. He stood close to him. "You're her father, aren't you?"

Ophelia ignored the coldness and approached Kagenari. "Why did you leave them? The moment Madoka-chan was born?" Kagenari stared at her in surprise while she stared at him in empathy. "I overheard your wife and cried when she was alone that time..."

"I see..." He exhales softly. "You were right. I left soon after she was born. Madoka doesn't even know what I look like." Kagenari moved away from them. "Even if the complicated surgery and radiation therapy succeed... she might suffer from complications as she grows up. Even if you save her life... you can't save her happiness!" He punches the hood of the car.