5

I'm going through my old books and re-read this one and I'm so upset at myself for not continuing with this book! It's amazing! Sooooo I've decided to continue with this book.

_

The cold air hit my body as I stormed out of Kun's house, slamming his front door behind me. Why is he acting so weird? Does he think that I want to be with him too? A werewolf?! Our kind doesn't mix, at least not anymore, so why am I his mate? How can I be his mate?

The icy grass cracked under my Uggs and the wind sent chills down my body. I should've put on my other jacket before leaving Tara's house, but her brother didn't really give me an option. I circled his property to the back, which revealed a beautiful view of the mountains. In frustration, I plopped down on the cold grass and closed my eyes.

I need answers and I need them now. I focused on my breathing to concentrate on summoning my mother's spirit. I've tried this many times before, but I've only gotten glimpses.

"Ostende mihi praeterita" I said internally.
[Show me the past]

Voices flooded my ears and flickers of lights passed by me as I tried to channel my mother. I'm no longer in the physical world.

"Isabella"

"Isabella"

"Isabella!" A deep voice floated into my ear drums. A dark skinned man with long curly hair revealed himself to me. I felt warm as I stood in the presence of the tall spirit.

"Who are you?" I asked him and he smiled at me.

"I'm your father," His words hit me heavy as my breath hitched in my throat. Analyzing him, I could see that I have his nose and eyes, complexion and possibly even his height. He's dead.

"How come you've never reached out to me? Why haven't you tried? Why did you leave us?" Tears fell from my eyes as negative thoughts raced through my brain.

"I couldn't. Not until you came in contact with my side," He put a hand on my shoulder and my form melted into his.

"Your side?" I whispered.

"There's so much I want to tell you but I don't have time. You need to get back to Kun. You can trust him. He will keep you safe," He hurriedly said as he looked around. I followed his gaze but didn't see anything. He grip on my shoulder got tighter as he muttered to himself.

"Dad," I pleaded to him, the little girl in me who longed to know her parents, broke.

"I never wanted to leave you or your mother. I loved you both very much. Try this again at midnight and I'll explain more. But Isabella, you are part wolf," His figure started to waver after his revelation.

"What?! That's not possible!" I screamed but he was gone.

My eyes popped open as I shifted back into the physical world again. The words of my father's spirit haunting me. What he said cannot be possible! The only hybrid was executed decades ago, decades before I was even born. If what he said is true, would I be executed too?

The sound of footsteps crackling against the icy grass snapped me out of my thoughts. I quickly stood up to look around the backyard for the intruder. A sweet, warm scent filled my nose and soon my body began to warm up despite the cold wind hitting me.

"Isabella," Kun's voice danced into my ears. "It's too cold for you to be out here,"

My father said I should trust him. That he will protect me. Should I trust him with what was just revealed to me?