Chapter 15: The Miserable Realisation

15장 비참한 깨달음
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・°◇° *・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

As it turned out, Taehyung did have to worry

As it turned out, Taehyung did have to worry. When Taehyung told him about the invite, Jungkook was all game. He didn't even have to persuade him with the beer and its popularity. Now he doesn't know if he knows Jungkook as well as he prides himself.

When they got to the location of the bonfire, couples of all kinds were cocooned in each other's warmth enjoying the crackling of firewood. Guitar strings were being strung and some wolves were serenading songs to their beautiful mates. The atmosphere in the garden was romantic and cosy.

Taehyung and Jungkook felt severely out of place and awkward. Before they could bolt, Aera caught their presence. "Hey! You made it! Come on in, let me introduce you to my group." She welcomed the awkward wolves. She had the arms of her mate back hugging her. While she sat between his legs with a warm plaid blanket wrapped around her and her mate. So was the situation with other couples around them sitting in a circle around the bonfire.

Jungkook, after his initial awkwardness quickly got over his nerves and went up to take his seat in the circle. Sitting on the soft but slightly damp grass, he leaned on the log behind him for comfort. Taehyung bit his lips nervously before following Jungkook and taking his seat by Jungkook's side, maintaining a cordial distance between them.

At the uncomfortable oddity between the new joining couple, all the other couples looked at them without blinking their eyes. Noticing the confused stares on them, Jungkook sighed. He hooked his arm around Taehyung's waist and manhandled him to sit between his legs, having his back pressed against his chest. Wrapping his arms around Taehyung in a cosy back hug, he gave an excuse, "Don't mind us. Hansung's a little shy and on our way here, we might have had a minor argument."

Getting over his shock, Taehyung innocently craned his neck back and looked at the alpha. "We did?" He asked in surprise because he doesn't remember them arguing on their way here. Jungkook exasperatedly looked at the naive fool. But salvaging the situation, he asked instead, "We didn't?"

The couples around them burst into laughter. The earlier tension eased and the couples retracted into their little bubbles. Speaking between her laughs, Aera requested one of her friends to pass the new addition their blanket. Jungkook wrapped the blanket around them and sat his chin on Taehyung's right shoulder.

"We are with you, man. Our little mates are so tough to read," an alpha from the group bravely mentioned. His mate immediately gave him a 'you are in trouble' glare. The alpha gulped nervously before kissing and cajoling his fiery mate.

While the other alphas in a similar situation as him, silently gave him the credit and respect he deserved for sticking up for his team.

"So, I think introductions are in order," Aera took charge. Turn by turn, she introduced all her friends, "And last but not least, this is my mate, Chong Min Gue." She kissed him on his cheek and Mingue blushed bright red. She laughed at his reaction. They have exchanged more kisses than she could remember but the alpha still blushes every single time. And, she absolutely loves that about him.