Chapter 46: A Puzzle Like You

Song Credits: Tretone - Puzzle

Italic - Importance/Text //// Bold - Emphasis/Phone Call //// ' ' - Thoughts //// ( ) - Memory

Skyelle goes back to school, and is seemingly over-working herself. Banban is also worried about her. 

But what was it that made her stressed out?

___________________________

A week later of telling Ban that I'll be fine, I was going back to college to finish my course. Of course I'd earn student money from graduation.

And what better way but to use them... for something important? I knew that Banban would be surprised to find out what I was planning later on.

So one week back in school, I was busy on work, leaving Banban to cuddling his head in my lap while I worked. The purring coming from him made me pet his head occasionally.

I accidentally fall asleep at my desk that night, me lighty snoring away. I just meant to rest my eyes. But oh well.

___________________________

(Banban's POV)

I sigh as I walk into her dorm room. Skyelle was currently asleep at her desk. Quietly I walk over to our shared bed, and take her pink blanket over to her, wrapping it on her shoulders.

"You've been working a lot Skyelle. You really need a break. For my sake. And yours..." My smile is fond as I sit on the bed, falling on my back.

Sometimes I wish that I knew what was draining her this much.

Rustling near the desk makes me sit up. She was awake. "Oh. Didn't mean to sleep there. I'm almost done anyways..." Hellish speaks to me.

'She's such a mess. Ask what's bothering our dear human...' "Rose? What're you doing to be tired out suddenly?"  Blue eyes look at me.

"Oh.. Uhmm..." She looked ashamed. "N-nothing bad Ban! I just wanna finish school and get onto my future as soon as possible."

I wasn't convinced. Yet I drop it. "Alright. I'll take your word for it then." Her smile catches my eyes, making me get up and hug her backside. She sighs out contently.

"I'll be in the bed. Just let me know if there's anything bothering you, okay?" Her reply is soft. "I will. See you in bed later."

The door closed behind her. My eyes look at the now shut door. 'I worry too much, don't I?'

___________________________

"Oh, hey Skye. What's up?" Stasia asks. My eyes drift to the door, then back to her. "I got something to tell you."

After our talk, she looks surprised. "Holy shit. That was something. Does Adam know yet?" I shake my head. "It's a surprise for him. Just don't tell him please. Not yet..."

She sounds serious when responding. "Alright. I promise. When's your classes ending? So we can celebrate it afterwards."

I think about it. "Hmm, a week or two from now. I really need this diploma to activate my plans, so yeah..." Stas then says, "You really want to do this, don't you?"

Sighing as I sit down with a microwave dinner in hand. "Yeah. Banban deserves that freedom a lot. With all we've been through, it's the least I could do for him..."

My roommate smiles, getting up from her seat. Stretching, "Welp, I'm heading to bed. Night you two."

Finally ready for bed, I was about to ride turn in for the night, until I get a phone call. From the garten. My eyes blur up.