36. Tied together for 7!

Vakrtund mahakaye..
Suryakoti samaprabha
Nirvighnan kurume deva
Sarv karyeshu sarvada
💗

Author's pov
(Cries in silence)

All the rituals till jaimala ceremony were over, rest of the rituals the main ceremony was to be started.

All the preparations were done Vaibhav sat on the stool just when he stepped out of his shoes all the girls took it secretly.

Whereas the groomsmen were busy admiring them.

If "Mauke pr chauka " Was a situation.. It would be this.

After doing some rituals with groom it was now time for her to come.

"Vadhu ko bulaya jaaye.." The priest announced and girls went inside to take her to the mandap.

In this ritual the bride has to cover her face with veil as the groom can't see her face throughout the rituals. Some people follow it some do not.

But here it was followed. There she was sitting with her head covered with veil.

"Chale beta, chal bro" Her mother and Anshika asked.

She just nodded.

.
.
.
As she took a seat beside Vaibhav the rituals started. The place was soon filled with holy chants and blessings. Promises to be fulfilled and memories to be cherished throughout the life.

It was now time for them to take pheras.

A phera is one of the most important rituals in an Indian wedding. It is the ritual of walking around the sacred fire, agni, or another sacred object or idol (the Guru Granth Sahib Ji in the case of Sikh weddings). Though the ritual is common in the wedding ceremonies of most Indic religions, the number of pheras varies.

The Saath Phere or Saptapadi
Sikh Indian wedding

Hindu Indian weddings have the ritual of saat phere, which involves circumambulating around the consecrated fire, agni, seven times and reciting a specific vow during each round. Vows made in the presence of the sacred fire are thought to be unbreakable. Every phera and the vow taken during it has a distinct meaning.

During the first phera, the couple calls upon God for an abundance of nourishing and pure food, as well as a noble and respectful life.

During the second phera, the couple prays to God for a flourishing and healthy life, along with physical, spiritual, and mental strength.

During the third phera, the couple calls upon God for wealth and for strength, so that they can share their joy and sorrow.

During the fourth phera, the couple prays to God for love, trust, and respect for each other and their respective families, and for continuous joy and peace.

After the fourth phera bride comes ahead of the groom.

During the fifth phera, the couple prays for loving and virtuous children.

During the sixth phera, the couple prays for a long and peaceful life with each other.

During the seventh phera, the couple calls upon God for companionship, fealty, and understanding. They pray to God to make them friends and to give them the maturity to carry out their friendship for the rest of their lives.

After the Seven Vows/saat phere, the couple is said to have become friends and that they won't break their friendship for life.

.
.
.

Soon after the pheras the priest instructed them to sit on the same place as they were sitting.

"Ab aap vadhu ki maang mein sindoor bhariye. " The priest asked Vaibhav to fill in her hairline under the veil.

"Ab aap inhe mangal sutra pehnaiye"
He held the nuptial chain and made her wear it.
.
.
.

"Vivaah sampann hua, aap sabhi ka aashirvaad le lijiye" Both of them stood up in order to take blessings.

"Bhagwan tumhari manokamnaayen puri kare. "

"Khush raho"

"Nav vaivaahik jeevan ki dheron shubhkamnaayein"

All the people present there hooted and congratulated them.

Whereas young generation was like

"Ohh god finally it ended, hume lga Anant ke baad second longest yehi hone vali thi. "

All the people laughed out loud at the joke.
Tiredness could be seen on their faces.
Indian weddings are no joke man.

Then came Meera and him.
Everyone was slight shocked seeing them here unexpectedly.

"Omg Is that Meera Ranawat?! "

"Omfg!"

Such whispers spread like air when they showed up.

She held Vaibhav's and guided him towards them and then bowed down to take their blessings.

Vaibhav was taken aback by her action their sudden presence.

But Meera stopped her in mid and took her in a hug and whispered.

"Thank you. " She said hugging her tightly.

"I should be the one thanking you. " She replied.

Whereas the guys did a bro hug.

Then she reached and hugged him tightly.

"You'll miss me, right?" her voice audible enough to Vaibhav.

Vaibhav immediately snapped at her for being so touchy towards another man.

"Darling.. What happened? " He said removing her from his hug.

She shook her head in no.

They then proceeded towards Vaibhav's family.

"Haaye meri nuu" Vaibhav's mother pecked her forehead.

"Ab hata lo beta dupatta, ho gyi rasmein, ab toh bas ghr chlne ki taiyaari kro"

She nodded and called Chandni and told her she needs to drink water.

She drank water while facing Chandni and got back to her original position.

"Ma'am photoshoot, kindly lift up your veil"

Hesitation was to be seen in her actions but she eventually lifted up her veil.

The sudden revelation made Vaibhav dumbstruck at the moment.

The moment froze,gasps and hand covered mouths all around.

He stood up with jerk when he realised.

"AARNA?!! "

~tbc.
Dekh lijiye double update diye hain

Thoda toh pyar barsaiyee.