Chapter 9: Hold Them at Éure!

**UEG May 10, 2552**
**Alt October 27, 2001**
(UNSC Zuoriel)
(Charon Class Light Frigate)
(Orbit Over Europe)

The room was filled with anxiety. This situation was highly unusual, given that the European Forces and UN Forces had been launching their fair share of culling operations. Commander William Gears stared down at the holographic table, its hue doing little to comfort him.

The Communications Officer, equally tense, looked at him. "Commander, data has already been sent to the Colonel and Allied Forces down there. We've been given immediate orders to provide all support we can."

Gears nodded, acknowledging the officer's answer. He glanced back at the table, noting that it showed they had an hour before the Beta horde reached Britain. Allied forces were also within that timeframe. They had at least 20 minutes before the Beta horde would reach the European forward bases in Normandy.

Another officer called out, "We have received reports from Longsword Aquila squadron from the McArthur. They're here to provide support. We've also made contact with allied forces. They're preparing for a large-scale bombardment near Essonne, where the Beta is estimated to pass through. They're hoping we can disable the Beta Laser class, Commander."

The commander nodded. "Tell them we're already on it." He turned to one of the weapons officers and asked, "Have the firing solutions been inputted? Prepare all ten Archer Missile pods!"

The Weapons Officer responded, "Commander, solutions have been inputted. The MAC cannon is ready to fire." The ship shuddered as its thrusters adjusted.

Another officer added, "All ten Archer Missile pods are ready for deployment."

Gears turned to the holographic table, showing the Beta beginning their advance. "Fire the MAC cannon. Hold on the Archer missile pods. I want an immediate estimation of impact!"

The Officer replied, "Two minutes. Target is set on the Lux Class Strain!"

Commander Gears felt the ship shudder as it unleashed its MAC cannon, the slug being pulled down to Earth by gravity. "Prepare for a second shot!"

The Weapons Officer nodded, setting up for the next round of slugs along with its solutions.

------------

(English Channel)

(USS John F. Kennedy)
(Enterprise Class Carrier)

Vice Admiral Charles Stevenson Abbot looked outside of the bridge as he saw the TSFs lunch out of the carrier, A communication officer began to inform the vice admiral,"Vice Admiral Abbot, we got reports from the UNSC Zuoriel already firing on the Lux strain, the allied fleets are ready to Fire on thr beta Sir!."

Vice Admiral Abbot nodded he himself uncertain scene they had already done multiple Culling operations from the pass Years.

The american vice admiral spoke to his subordinate "Understood, Officer Legant order are ships to fire in syhic with are allies on the Beta horde!." He looked to his left as he watched the USS Maine move its Four 406mm guns now directed to the oncoming Beta horde, the Montana Class battleship was ready to bring hell upon the Beta horde.

The communication officer spoke with both excitement and anticipation, "Vice Admiral we have new orders to fire in one more minute!." Vice Admiral Abbot hummed, a minute pass as he watched outside as streams of light all over the fleet ocured