Love's Crossroads

Seven

The next day, Jimin arrived at the office with a renewed sense of determination. He was eager to prove himself and make the most of his opportunity at Jeon Empire. He spent the morning organizing files and preparing for the day's meetings.

Around mid-morning, Jungkook called Jimin into his office. "Jimin, I need you to prepare the presentation for the board meeting this afternoon," he said, handing him a stack of documents.

Jimin nodded, taking the papers. "Of course, Mr. Jeon. I'll get started right away."

As he worked on the presentation, Jimin meticulously reviewed each slide, making sure everything was perfect. However, in his haste to finish on time, he accidentally switched the order of two key points.

When the time for the meeting arrived, Jimin handed the presentation to Jungkook, feeling confident that he had done a good job. Jungkook glanced through the slides quickly before starting the presentation.

Halfway through the meeting, Jungkook noticed the error. He paused, a frown forming on his face. "Jimin," he said, his voice tense, "can you explain why these points are out of order?"

Jimin's heart sank. He quickly looked at the slides and realized his mistake. "I'm so sorry, Mr. Jeon. I must have mixed them up. I'll fix it right away."

The board members exchanged glances, sensing the tension in the room. Jungkook took a deep breath, trying to maintain his composure. "We'll discuss this later," he said, continuing with the presentation.

After the meeting, Jungkook stormed back to his office, his expression dark. Jimin followed nervously, dreading the confrontation.

As soon as they were alone, Jungkook turned to Jimin, his eyes blazing with anger. "How could you make such a careless mistake?" he demanded. "Do you have any idea how important that presentation was?"

Jimin felt a lump form in his throat. "I'm really sorry, Mr. Jeon. I didn't mean to mess up. I was trying my best."

"Trying your best isn't good enough," Jungkook snapped. "This is a professional environment, Jimin. Mistakes like this are unacceptable."

Jimin's eyes welled up with tears. He had never seen Jungkook this angry before, and it was both intimidating and heartbreaking. "I'll do better next time, I promise," he said, his voice trembling.

Jungkook ran a hand through his hair, trying to calm down. "Just make sure it doesn't happen again," he said, his tone softer but still stern. "I expect perfection from my team, especially from my secretary."

Jimin nodded, swallowing hard. "I understand. It won't happen again."

Jungkook sighed, looking at Jimin with a mix of frustration and something else that Jimin couldn't quite place. "You can go back to your desk now."

Jimin turned to leave, but just as he reached the door, he heard Jungkook call his name. He turned back, surprised.

"Jimin," Jungkook said, his voice gentler, "everyone makes mistakes. Just learn from it and move forward."

Jimin nodded, feeling a glimmer of hope. "Thank you, Mr. Jeon."

As Jimin returned to his desk, he couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to Jungkook's anger than just the mistake he had made. There was something deeper, something personal, that seemed to be affecting him.