love's crossroads

TWO

Taehyung and Jungkook decided to visit Taehyung's favorite restaurant. It was a place they frequented often since childhood, filled with memories of laughter and shared secrets. The restaurant's warm ambiance and delicious food made it the perfect spot for them to catch up after Taehyung's return from Japan.

Meanwhile, Jimin received a call from his friend, Minji, who worked as a waitress at the same restaurant. "Jimin, I'm feeling really sick tonight and can't make it to work. Can you please cover my shift? I know it's last minute, but I really need your help."

Jimin, always the kind-hearted and reliable friend, didn't hesitate. "Of course, Minji. Don't worry about it. I'll cover for you. Get some rest and feel better."

Jimin arrived at the restaurant, put on his uniform, and prepared to take on the role of a waiter for the evening. Though he usually worked at a coffee shop, he was familiar with the restaurant and ready to help out. As he stepped into the dining area, he felt a mix of nervousness and determination.

Taehyung and Jungkook had reserved a VIP table, an exclusive section of the restaurant that ensured privacy and top-notch service. The manager, recognizing Taehyung immediately, personally escorted them to their table, ensuring everything was perfect.

Jimin, assigned to the main dining area, was busy attending to other customers. As a huge fan of BTS, he would have been thrilled to know Taehyung was in the same restaurant, but he remained unaware of the superstar's presence.

Taehyung and Jungkook settled into their VIP booth, the conversation flowing easily as they reminisced about old times. The comfort of long-standing friendship made the evening enjoyable and relaxing.

Meanwhile, Jimin continued his shift, diligently taking orders and serving customers. His thoughts occasionally wandered to his favorite BTS songs, and he hummed softly as he worked, unaware that one of his idols was so close by.

Throughout the evening, Taehyung and Jungkook enjoyed their meal, catching up on life and sharing stories about their time apart. The VIP treatment ensured they were well taken care of, with the restaurant's best staff attending to their needs.

As the evening drew to a close, Taehyung and Jungkook finished their meal and prepared to leave the restaurant. To avoid causing a commotion with Taehyung's fans, they decided to exit discreetly through the back door.

Meanwhile, Jimin was called into the kitchen by the head chef for a quick word. Realizing he was running late, Jimin decided to take a shortcut through the back door to save time. Balancing a tray full of glasses, he hurried down the narrow corridor, his mind occupied with thoughts of getting home quickly.

Just as Taehyung and Jungkook were about to step out into the cool night air, Jimin turned the corner too fast and collided with Taehyung. The tray of glasses slipped from his hands, shattering on the ground. Jimin fell to the floor, and a sharp pain shot through his hand as a piece of glass cut into his skin.

"Watch where you're going!" Jungkook snapped, his tone sharp and annoyed as he looked down at the mess. "Do you have any idea how much trouble you could have caused?"

Taehyung immediately knelt down beside Jimin, his expression full of concern. "Are you okay?" he asked, gently taking Jimin's injured hand to inspect the cut.

Jimin, initially ready to lash out in frustration, looked up and froze. The anger drained from his face, replaced by shock and awe as he recognized Taehyung. "T-Tae... Taehyung?" he stammered, his voice barely a whisper.

Taehyung offered a reassuring smile. "Yeah, it's me. Let's get you some help for that cut."

Jungkook, still standing nearby with an impatient look on his face, sighed. "We don't have time for this. Can't someone else take care of it?" He glanced around, expecting a staff member to handle the situation.