16

I started getting ready for the party, slipping into a tube top and high-waisted jeans while I applied some makeup. After some convincing, Olivia finally agreed to come to the party. She wore a knee-length dress with thin straps that highlighted her natural beauty—everything looked good on her.

We arrived at Michael’s house and were immediately greeted by a golden retriever who bounded up to us, tail wagging furiously. The dog jumped on me in excitement, knocking me off balance. I fell to the ground, laughing as he licked my face enthusiastically.

George came from behind, gently pulling the dog off me. "Down, Max! Sorry about that," he said, offering me a hand. "Are you okay?"

I took his hand and stood up, brushing off my jeans. "Yeah, I'm fine. Nice to see you, George."

He grinned. "You too, Emily. And Olivia, you look stunning tonight."

Just then, Michael appeared, his eyes lighting up when he saw me. "You look gorgeous," he said in an intimate tone that made my heart skip a beat.

Liv, ever the joker, interrupted, imitating Michael's voice, "And do I not look gorgeous?"

Everyone laughed, easing the tension. I met Michael's parents shortly after. They were warm and welcoming, making me feel at ease.

"It's lovely to meet you, Emily," Mrs. Anderson said with a kind smile. "Michael's told us a lot about you."

"All good things, I hope," I replied, smiling back.

"Of course," Mr. Anderson added. "We’re glad you could join us tonight."

Michael then offered me a drink. We chatted for a while, and he excused himself to mingle with other guests. Liv was busy talking to George, and it was good to see her smile again.

I wandered outside to the garden, needing some fresh air. The garden was large and beautifully landscaped, with fairy lights strung up in the trees, casting a magical glow.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Michael standing there, concern in his eyes. "What are you thinking about?" he asked softly.

"Nothing, it's just... I don't know. I'm just worried about the future and everything," I admitted, looking away.

Michael moved closer, his hand still on my shoulder. "it's okay to worry. But you don't have to go through it alone."

I looked up at him, our eyes locking. "Yea,Thanks"

He smiled, his thumb gently rubbing my shoulder. "Anytime, Em. Liv is there for you, I'm here for you always."

I felt a warm flush spread through me as he leaned in slightly, his breath tickling my ear. "And You know, you really do look amazing tonight."

I laughed softly, trying to hide my nerves. "You don't look so bad yourself."

Michael chuckled, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "I think we make a pretty good team, do we, Em?"

I felt the tension between us build, the air thick with unspoken words. He leaned in closer, his lips hovering just inches from mine."Can I kiss you?"he whispered.

My heart raced as I nodded, barely able to breathe. His lips met mine in a gentle, yet electrifying kiss that sent shivers down my spine. He pulled me closer by my waist, his grip firm yet tender, and I felt his warmth seep into me. My hands found their way into his hair, fingers threading through the soft strands, anchoring myself to the moment. It was as if the world around us faded, leaving only the two of us in an infinite dance.

I felt like I was drowning, not in a way that suffocates, but in a way that envelops you in a sea of warmth and light. Each second stretched into eternity, every touch and caress a lifeline to a hidden part of my soul. The kiss was a symphony, a harmonious blend of longing and affection, a promise of something deeper. His breath mingled with mine, and I tasted the unspoken words on his lips.

As we pulled away slightly, our foreheads resting against each other, I opened my eyes to see the reflection of my own awe mirrored in his. It was the most profound kiss I had ever experienced, a moment where time stood still and the universe whispered secrets only we could hear. My heart swelled with emotions I couldn’t yet name, but they felt as eternal as the stars above us.

"Wow," I whispered, my voice barely audible, afraid to break the spell.

"Yeah," Michael agreed, a smile playing at his lips. "Wow."

We laughed together, the sound of our joy blending with the night. We kissed again, a softer, lingering kiss that spoke of newfound connections. We talked about our most embarrassing moments, sharing stories that made us blush and laugh until our sides ached. And then, we kissed again, unable to resist the magnetic pull between us.

We talked about life, our dreams, our fears, the paths that had led us to this moment. Each word exchanged brought us closer, deepening the bond that was forming. And again, we kissed, losing ourselves in the magic of the night and the promise of something beautiful.

As the evening wore on, we found ourselves wrapped in each other’s arms, the world outside forgotten. It felt as if we had known each other forever, and in those moments, I realized that life, with all its strangeness and unpredictability, had led us to this extraordinary place. We kissed once more, sealing our words and our silent promises, and I knew that no matter what the future held, this night would remain etched in my heart forever.