18

My morning started with a hurry. I was late for uni, and I had only two classes. "God, please let her allow me to the class," I muttered under my breath. Unfortunately, I missed my first class and then found out that my second class was cancelled. It was 1 pm, and I was tired without doing anything. I took a bus from my uni back to my apartment. I was fucking frustrated.

As I entered the apartment, I saw Liv sitting on the couch, writing something. "Hey," she said, looking up from her notebook. "You're back early?"

"I missed my class and the second one was cancelled," I replied, irritation clear in my voice. "What are you writing?" I asked her.

She laughed nervously, making me wonder if she was trying to hide something. "Well, I was journaling my thoughts, you know."

I smiled. "That's good, Liv. Let me make some cool cold coffee."

"Yeah, please. I'm so exhausted without doing anything," she laughed as she went to the kitchen. "What are you going to wear tonight?"

"Oh yeah, for tonight... I guess I have that new dress I bought. You remember? The one with the floral pattern and the off-shoulder design?"

"Yes, I think that would be perfect for the evening," she said while handing me the coffee and plopping her ass on the couch beside me. "And I'm telling you, I'm gonna do the makeup. You don't dare to do it on your own."

I nodded while rolling my eyes. I was literally bad at the girly things, and honestly, I sometimes used to think I was too lazy for being a girl.

---

I started getting ready for tonight. It was 6:15 already, and I got a shower because I wanted to. I wore the dress, and my makeup was done by my lovely bitch.

There was a knock on the door, and Liv screamed from her room, "Emily, your date is here!" Honestly, I was too red, and I knew Michael had heard her for sure. I opened the door and was greeted by the most handsome man I had ever seen in my life. He was wearing a crisp white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, paired with dark jeans and a leather jacket, holding a bouquet of roses. He handed them over to me and smiled.

"You look stunning," he said, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down. He suddenly pulled me by my waist and kissed me. Oh. My. God. I couldn't explain the feeling. My heart raced as my hands found their way into his hair. It was the most electrifying kiss, and I felt like I was drowning in his touch.

That moment was shortly cut by Liv's voice again. "Have a nice date, lovebirds!" she called out from her room, her sarcastic remark making me blush even more. "And stop kissing at the doorway! I can feel the sparks all the way in here!"

Michael chuckled and took my hand, leading me out of the apartment. "Ready for our evening?" he asked.

"More than ever," I replied, my heart still fluttering from the kiss.