Chapter 16

"That's it for today's class. I hope everyone will submit their assignments on time. Also, your next lecture is of professor Jaeyoung, right? He is absent today so it is my substitute but I have work to do so you guys can do your assignment or whatever you like but maintain discipline" Ms. Sohee then settled down on the teacher's seat and started typing something on her laptop.

The three friends looked at Yejun with obvious questions on their faces. "Before you ask, even I don't know why he didn't come. We don't share every single detail with each other" Yejun seemed really upset today. He has been edgy and irked since morning.

"Woho, don't be so defensive, Minnie. We weren't going to ask anything. We are just worried because you clearly haven't been in good mood since morning and Jaeyoung hyung is absent so we thought maybe something happened? Are you alright?" Yeonseok tried reasoning. Yejun being so irritated is a rare sight so they tried to be as careful as possible.

Yejun sighed, feeling guilty for talking to his friends rudely. Since yesterday he is feeling so shitty and anxious. Jaeyoung didn't call back and now he is absent. Lord knows what happened. He didn't want his friends to know as they would say it was toxic and would judge them. He knows they wouldn't but Yejun is really secretive and possessive about his relationship. That's why he even lied to Eunho yesterday so he won't get a hint that something is wrong. Your relationship's weakness should not be known to the world.

"Why does it feel so weird and awkward today between us? Or is it just me?" Insoo asked with a frown. The atmosphere was clearly uneasy among them.

"It's because of me. I am sorry, I don't know I just feel blue today" Yejun apologised. He shouldn't upset others just because he is upset.

"You don't have to apologise, Yejun. We are best friends and of course we understand you and your feelings. It's absolutely fine to feel down. You don't have to be happy every time, we are here to support you and talk to you whenever you need. Just don't bottle up your feelings. If there is anything talk to us. We are always here for you" Yeonseok was sitting behind Yejun, so he reached out and patted his head.

Being best friends means that they can be themselves around each other. No pretend or facade. If you are happy, they are happy but if you are sad, they are there to cheer you up and be your support system.

"You guys are the best and don't worry. I am fine" Yejun smiled. Even though he wasn't fine but being with his friends he knew he had people to whom he could share, rant and cry.

"Why can I hear just three voice? Oh, because one is really busy with something" Insoo turned back to look at Eunho and the other two did as well.

They squinted their eyes when they saw Eunho chatting with an obvious person on his phone and giggling in between. Eunho feeling 3 pairs of eyes on him looked up and gave a sheepish grin. "Hi?" He didn't know what happened as he was too busy talking to his Seonho hyung.

Yeonseok scoffed and folded his arms over his chest. "Congratulations for getting a crush, Eun. But you can't just forget us so soon"

"You haven't even started dating and are already whipped. I don't know what will happen once you both start dating" Insoo shook his head. Eunho was the person with the least screen time among them as he hated using the screen much but now... he is the one using the phone the most.

Eunho cleared his throat and kept his mobile phone aside. "Ok, I kept it aside. Tell me what happened?" He asked looking at them with his big eyes but others just sighed. There was nothing to tell.

"Insoo, can you explain this? I really couldn't understand this concept" one of their classmates sitting in front of Insoo and Yejun, Rura asked. She is an average student but is a hard worker trying to improve herself.