Season 1: Chapter 7- Plan

Soon enough, Jonathan's mom, Ms. Byers, and Chief Jim Hopper barged into the police station. I've always tried to avoid the police because once they find my lack of documentation and parents, I'll probably get sent back to the lab. Thankfully, they weren't aware of my food and clothes theft. At least, I hope not. 

"Hey. Jonathan? Jesus, what... what happened?" Joyce yelled.

"Ma'am..." The officer with brown hair and glasses tried to calm her down.

"I'm fine." Jonathan looked down.

"Why is he wearing handcuffs?"

"Well, your boy assaulted a police officer. That's why." The officer informed her, with sass in his voice.

"Take them off." Joyce ordered him.

"I am afraid I cannot do that." He told her.

"Take them off!" She snapped.

"You heard her. Take 'em off." Chief Hopper demanded.

"Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see." The other police officer told Joyce and Hopper. Nancy and I looked at each other, wondering where they were looking. A few minutes later, they dropped our box from the army supplies store onto the desk and rummaged through it.

"What is this?" Joyce asked.

"Why don't you ask your son? We found it in his car." Hopper said.

"What?" Joyce said, still in shock.

"Why are you going through my car?"

"Is that really the question you should be asking right now?" Hopper leaned on the table. "I wanna see you in my office."

"You won't believe me." Jonathan looked up at him.

"Why don't you give me a try?" Hopper asked, still stern, but softer. Jonathan got up and went to his office. I had no idea what the outcome of the conversation would be. How do you explain that a monster from a dark copy of our world took Will and Barbara, after not only Will's body being found, but also Barb's car at the bus stop?

"And who is this?" Joyce pointed towards me, obviously confused why a random girl is with her son and Nancy buying bear traps and getting into fights.

"Oh, um, I'm y/n. I'm Nancy's friend."

"Oh. Okay." Joyce went back to sitting in silence, still very reasonably worried about everything going on. Hopper then came out of his office and got me, Nancy, and Joyce to go talk to him. We sat down as Hopper looked through the pictures Jonathan took of the monster, worrying about what was coming next.

"You say blood draws this thing?" Hopper finally asked, looking at Jonathan.

"We don't know." Jonathan answered.

"It's just a theory." Nancy told him. Joyce then got up and dragged Jonathan into the hallway. We then heard a high pitched lady yelling at everyone in the main office area.

"I want an apology!" She yelled. "Where is the chief? I want to speak to him right this instant."

"Stay here." Hopper ordered us.

"Ma'am, I need you to calm down." I heard one of the officers tell her.

"What is your name, deputy?"

"Well, I'm an officer, okay?"

"Name and badge number, both of you!"

"What the hell is going on here?" Hopper yelled.

"Chief..." The other officer tried to explain.