Chapter 11

Kierra's POV, Next Day

Los Angeles, 8am

"Front door, open."

I pushed the door open and stepped aside for Bey to enter our house. She rolled her suitcase while I locked the door and set the alarm.

We were quiet in the elevator mainly because of the jet lag. We had no choice but to wake up super early in Detroit in order to make it back for our team meeting.

We walked into our bedroom and rolled our suitcases in the closet. Bey turned on some music as we got into a groove of changing out of our plane attire and freshening up for work.
"Babe, why don't you skip today's meeting and get some rest. You've been on an emotional rollercoaster and I know you're tired." Bey said, pushing my hair away from my face. I was at the foot of the bed placing my dress socks on.

"I'll be fine for the meeting because there's a lot I have to address about Koryn." I said.

"Well how about you come straight home after the meeting?" She said.
"If you insist..." I said with a shrug.

"I do because I want you well rested. And isn't Koryn attending the meeting?" Bey asked. She was still standing in front of me so I pulled her closer between my legs.

"Yes and don't be all intimidating in the meeting either." I said, looking up at her.

"I am not intimidating!" She said.

"Babe, you are. Koryn already feels nervous being around you. Poor girl already thinks at any minute you'll realize you made a mistake signing a gospel artist and drop her." I said with a straight face.

Bey gasped and touched her chest.
"Omg does she really think that? Damn, I promise I don't try to be intimidating. I don't even know what I do that gives off that kind of energy." She said with a pout. I grabbed her waist and she placed her hands on my shoulders for balance.

"Bey, I'm just playing with you...kinda. She doesn't feel like that though," I said laughing. Bey smacked her lips and tried to walk away but I held onto her waist and pulled her close so she could straddle me.

"Don't be all mad, it's just a little jokey joke Mrs. Knowles. Honestly, you're not intimidating, just a Boss who commands power in every room. There's nothing wrong with that." I said, pecking her lips several times. I didn't want her to be in her head about my joke so I deepened the kiss. She moaned against my lips as we caught our breath.

"Now it's my turn to tell you to don't get nothing started. What's gotten into you this morning?" Bey said, wrapping her arms around my neck and sinking into my lap.

"Nothing, just giving my wife some good loving. Is that a crime?" I asked.

"You already know the answer to that. Unfortunately, we do need to finish getting dressed though." Bey said.

"You're right. Can't make the Boss Lady late!" I said cheesing. Without another word, Bey rolled her eyes and got up. I could only laugh.

One day she's going to get sick of me.

~~~

Parkwood office

As usual, I was one of the early ones at the meeting which meant Koryn was early too. I made sure she was at my office 15 minutes before it started because it's always a nice touch for talent to be prompt in any setting.
"Which seat should I take?" Koryn asked.

"Hey girl, just sit next to Ki. She won't bite, but Dave might. Dave move down some, I don't even know why you're here for this 'cause your ass be MIA for any other meeting." Megan joked. I mean, she did have a point because Dave never shows up but she didn't have to put him on front street like that.