Chapter 04: Deja Vu

Sigh.. it all came back to me the first time I confessed my feelings. It all felt deja vu, and I also picked the same restaurant. Hoping Huang Junjie would remember, sigh... Xia Zhiguang immediately have a thought in his mind.

  “You go first sir” Xia Zhiguang snapped back in reality as Huang Junjie started talking. He looked at Huang Junjie for a while before he entered the restaurant. “Thank you” He said. Huang Junjie only smiled then entered the restaurant after his director.

  Xia Zhiguang picked the best seat for the both of them. Huang Junie's looks wandered around, he really admire the structure of the restaurant, that he forgot his director. And Huang Junjie also felt like he was here before, he's just unsure of it. “Are you coming or not” Huang Junjie jumped out in surprise when he heard a man spoke up behind him. It was just his director, Xia Zhiguang. “I'm sorry sir, I got distracted” Xia Zhiguang nodded and signal Huang Junjie to follow him. “Here, take a seat” Xia Zhiguang offered Huang Junjie by his hand before he also sat. “Thank you sir” Huang Junjie took a bow before he sit.

  “Anyways sir, why do you have a dinner with me? And you also has something to say right sir?” It was silent the whole time because Xia Zhiguang is nervous and happy at the same time, when Huang Junjie broke the silent between them. Xia Zhiguang cleared his throat before speaking. “Uhm yeah...” Said Xia Zhiguang.

  “Don't you ever overthink what I said the first time we met?” Huang Junjie think deeply then spoke up, “What is it again sir, I forgot. Heh” Huang Junjie then smiled awkwardly. Xia Zhiguang looked at Huang Junjie for a a while then puts his palm on his forehead. “Really? You don't remember?” Huang Junjie nodded awkwardly. Xia Zhiguang was dumbfounded, he sighed deeply then took a bite from his dish. He cried to himself as he realized his plan failed again. “Nevermind. Let's talk about it some times” Huang Junjie nods and starts eating his dish. “Let's hurry. I'll drive you home” Huang Junjie stopped eating and said, “No it's okay sir, I can go home by my self” Huang Junjie continuesly refused. “Let me” Said Xia Zhiguang, as he looked at Huang Junjie's eyes while talking. Huang Junjie just nodded because he was distracted by the eyes of his director.

  It was around 9 when they finished eating their dinner. Huang Junjie slightly tapped his stomach, he was really full. “Did you enjoy the dish?” Asked Xia Zhiguang. “Hmm yes sir, I was really full” Huang Junjie smiled. “I'm glad” Xia Zhiguang smiled back at him. “Let's go now?” Said Xia Zhiguang. Huang Junjie just nods.

  When they got up from their seats, Xia Zhiguang looked outside. It was raining heavily. “It was raining cats and dogs outside” Xia Zhiguang chuckled at what Huang Junjie said, Junjie was also looking outside. “Sir, you should go home. I can take the bus” He said. “At this rate?” Huang Junjie nodded. “No, I'll take you home. It's dangerous” Huang Junjie just gives up and surrender his self.

  Huang Junjie, took an umbrella from his bag. “Do you have an umbrella sir?” Xia Zhiguang shakes his head. “Then let's share this one” Said Huang Junjie. “Okay, then I'll hold it” Huang Junjie shakes his head. “It's a pleasure for me sir that you would drive me to my house, in return, I have to hold this umbrella for you” Xia Zhiguang looked at Huang Junjie with deep admiration, it lasts for a minute. He's not really joking when he said, he love him very much. “Sir, let's go?” Xia Zhiguang got startled. “Uh yeah”

  They walked to Xia Zhiguang's car, and after a while they finally arrived. Huang Junjie opened the door for Xia Zhiguang, and he goes to the passenger seat after. And as usual, the whole ride was silent. Huang Junjie was looking at the window the whole time. “So where's your apartment at?” Asked Xia Zhiguang. “Oh yeah, here sir” Huang Junjie gave his phone to his director. “What's this?” Asked Xia Zhiguang again. “My apartment location” Xia Zhiguang was surprised. He thought Huang Junjie would give his number to him, but turns out that he's really ambitious.

  The rain is still pouring, theh guessed that it won't stop until morning. After an hour of driving they finally got home. Xia Zhiguang parked his car. “Thank you for driving me home sir” Xia Zhiguang had high hopes for Huang Junjie to ask him to stay over night. Huang Junjie opened the car door and took his umbrella out, when he was about to leave, Xia Zhiguang pulled his arms slightly to stop him from leaving. “Aren't you going to ask if I could stay over night since it's raining a lot and I guess this will continue until morning” Huang Junjie got confused and asked, “Aren't you going home sir?” Huang Junjie asked innocently. Xia Zhiguang felt a little pain in his heart, it's like a needle piercing through it. He was dissapointed, and looked down.

  Huang Junjie looked at Xia Zhiguang and noticed he was upset, while still holding his arm. He didn't plan to let go. “What happened sir? Are you okay?” Huang Junjie asked sincerely. It was the expression his director made the first time they met. Xia Zhiguang raised his head, “But my keys... I left it in my office, I couldn't go home” Huang Junjie felt guilty and said. “Okay then sir I'll let you stay at my apartment tonight, can you please let go of my arm? It's startinh to feel numb” Xia Zhiguang was screaming inside, he couldn't believe his excuse would turn out to be successful. “Thank you, and yeah sorry” He looked at Huang Junjie and smiled endearingly.

  Huang Junjie leaves from his seat and opened the door for his director. Xia Zhiguang snatched the umbrella from Huang Junjie. “Let me hold it. I'm just returning the favor” Huang Junjie got surprised by the sudden actions, he felt nervous yet thrilled. He shouldn't be feeling this way, so he brushed off his thoughts and just gives up and head to his apartment along with Xia Zhiguang.

  “We're here” Both of them finally arrived at the apartment. Huang Junjie opened it with his key, after that he let his director go ahead first. “You should go ahead first since you're the owner” Huang Junjie smiled awkwardly and enters his apartment. “You can just leave the umbrella there sir” Said Huang Junjie. Xia Zhiguang just nod. And puts the umbrella outside.

  Xia Zhiguang wandered outside, he was amazed by how organized Huang Junjie's belongings. He realized Huang Junjie was a fan of modern designs, you can't see any other colors, it was only black, white and gray. But as Xia Zhiguang remembered, Huang Junjie likes the color yellow. Is it because he really lost his memory that he forgot his favorite color too? “Here a towel for you sir” Huang Junjie handed a towel for Xia Zhiguang for him to take a shower. “You should get a shower first. And for the clothes, I already put it there” Xia Zhiguang suddenly got interrupted. But he just nods, “Thank you” and heads to the shower.

  Both of them are already done taking a shower. Huang Junjie dried his hair by a towel while Xia Zhiguang dried his hair by an air blower Huang Junjie gave him. At first he refused, but Huang Junjie insisted since he's the director. Xia Zhiguang didn't know wether to laugh or cry in happiness. At least Huang Junjie's personality didn't change. It was still the same as before.

  “You can sleep on the bed sir. I can sleep on the floor” Xia Zhiguang got interrupted by his thoughts again when Huang Junjie spoke up. “Why don't we sleep in the bed? It's quite spacious” Said Xia Zhiguang. He didn't really think what he justs said, but he's just telling the truth since the bed was really spacious. Huang Junjie got flustered, and it was clearly seen since his face was red as a tomato. “Uh I mean.. no, I could just, sleep on the floor!” Xia Zhiguang said and smiled awkwardly afterwards. “I'll get the mattress, where is it?” Huang Junjie was still shy and said, “It's just over there sir” Xia Zhiguang hurriedly gets the mattress. After Xia Zhiguang gets the mattress, Huang Junjie was about to sit on the bed when Xia Zhiguang tripped while carrying the mattress.

  When Huang Junjie opened his eyes, Xia Zhiguang got on top of him. He didn't even know it was his director, all he thought was it was the mattress who fell to him. But the shocking part is, it was his director, Xia Zhiguang. When he looked at Xia Zhiguang, Huang Junjie can clearly tell that it's worried and at the same time nervous, he can feel his heart beat racing. When he realized, Xia Zhiguang was hugging him, and his one arm was wrapped around Junjies head. He was protecting him. Xia Zhiguang looked at Huang Junjie, and they shared gazes. Their gazes lasted for a minute.

  While on the other hand, Xia Zhiguang's heart was racing with excitement, he didn't know what to feel. He couldn't concentrate at all, he was so close to Huang Junjie that their nose was touching each other.

To be continued...