Chapter Seven

Starflight woke up to Sunny's light snoring, he looked over at her, she had her head pillowed on her paws, and was smiling slightly in a good dream. Starflight yawned, and looked around the room, there were some people talking outside, which means that it was the morning. After lying there for a few minutes, he got up and stretched. Then, making sure he didn't wake Sunny up, he stepped out of the room. He noticed that Michael and Trice were talking at the end of the hall, and walked over to them.

"Hey, what's going on?" He asked.

"Somebody has been summoning the titans, and we need to find out who before they figure out how to send more than one at a time." Michael explained.

"That's possible?"

"The titans are natural magical defenses. In fact, they were supposed to rise about ten thousand years ago and wipe out the humans."

"Why would they do that?" Starflight frowned. "The humans are harmless."

"Back then they weren't. The idea was that they were supposed to rise, clear out the humans, and fade out of existence so that your species would grow to take over the planet. When they didn't rise, I waited for a while, before I eventually caused the scorching and got the same thing done anyway."

"You nearly caused humans to go extinct!" Starflight replied.

"Humans are the most common species in the universe, the hardest to kill, and the most dangerous to yours and all dragon species." Michael told him. "Humanity was trying to wipe you out before the scorching, as they have tried to do many times to many species."

"So, you wiped them out?" Starflight asked. "To save all of us?"

"Sometimes, humanity, when it's pressured by a predatory species, becomes evil and hardened, and they fight and kill everything they can, and will stop at nothing to destroy everything that threatens them."

"Okay, so, beyond the scope of that, the titan's purpose was to destroy humanity, and clear the way for us. What stopped them?" Starflight asked.

"I think that a dragon from a different species, likely a soul dragon, trapped the titans and turned themselves into the same species as you. Then, they had children, and died. Our guess is that the last descendant of that dragon is releasing the titans, and trying to control them."

"But why would they do that?"

"Probably to take control of all the continents." Trice shrugged. "Whoever it is, they're on Pantala, and we think they're a hivewing."

"How would you be able to tell?" Starflight asked.

"The dragon would have white eyes." Michael replied.

Sunny walked out and smiled over at them.

"Hey, what's going on?" She asked.

"The person who has been summoning the titans is likely a white-eyed hivewing on Pantala." Starflight told her.

She raised her eyes. "Really?"

"Yeah, we'll be looking for them later." Michael told her.

Sunny turned and looked at Starflight. "You ready to go?"

"Where you guys going?" Trice asked.

"Over to the seawing villages, this cool restaurant Willow and Sundew recommended." Sunny answered.

"Oh, nice." Trice replied. "The skywings aren't too happy about those villages lately."

"I think Ruby's too busy to bother with them right now." Michael replied.