Chapter Six

Sunny opened her eyes, and looked up at Starflight, he was reading from a scroll as she was wrapped around him.

"Hey." She yawned. "How long have you been up?"

"Few hours." Starflight replied.

"You could have gotten up." She told him

Starflight looked down at her forearms wrapped around his chest, his back legs as well, and even her tail was twined with his.

"Would have brought you with me." He replied.

"Then you could have woken me up."

Starflight raised his eyebrows. "And stop seeing your beautiful face when you're sleeping."

Sunny blushed, and licked his cheek. "Your sweet."

Starflight set the scroll down and smiled. "So, you want to get something to eat?"

"Sure, and let's see if we can find Moon and Qible today."

"Yeah, other than them finding us." Starflight chuckled.

Sunny untangled herself from Starflight, and got up. She then stretched, and walked out of the room. They walked into the feeding hall and settled down around a table with Kinkajou and Tamarin.

"Hi Sunny." Kinkajou greeted her. "Are you excited to check out the old palace?"

"Sure." Sunny nodded. "Though we know someone who was there, and is a literal library of ancient knowledge."

"Who?"

"It's Michael, the immortal guardian? Remember him?"

"Oh" Kinkajou laughed. "Him, right."

Starflight grabbed some crab, and set it down on the table. Tamarin looked over at the meat and her eyes went wide.

"I still can't believe you guys eat that raw." She told them.

"This is actually really tasty." Starflight replied.

Tamarin looked confused. "I think it's all really weird."

Sunny grabbed some of the white meat and ate it. Starflight looked across the hall and noticed that there was a bunch of guards walking into the room.

"Is the queen returning?" He asked.

Tamarin nodded. "I heard a few guards talking about it."

They finished their food, and made their way to the main entrance. The academy students were lounging around, today was the last lesson day for them, they would get an extra day to themselves, before they all head back to the academy. Michael walked out of a building and dove straight into the water. Everybody followed, and soon everybody was out under the cloudless blue sky. A dark green seawing led them to a larger island that was filled with ruins. Turtle was waiting for them, and waved when they arrived. Kinkajou landed and immediately hugged him.

"Hey." Turtle greeted his rainwing girlfriend. "Miss me?"

The happy rainwing nodded.

"How did you find this place?" The green seawing instructor asked.

"I sorta already knew where this was." He replied.

"How?"

"This was where Anemone and I fought." Turtle replied.

He motioned over to a crater nearby, and Michael chuckled.

"Surprised you didn't flatten the whole place."

The instructor's jaw dropped, and he looked over at Michael.

"What?"

"And you chose not to mention that he is a descendant of Fathom?"