CHAPTER FOUR - A MISTAKE THAT DEFINES HIM

It had been weeks after his horrible mistake and Abraham still couldn't find out anything about the girl who kept on lingering at the back of his mind. He himself knew he was a playboy who normally just had one night stands with girls but VIRGINS were totally off limits, he wasn't the kind of man that liked commitment and stayed in a relationship so he avoided girls who knew nothing about one night stands or INTERCOURSE in general.

  The pleas and screams of the girl haunted his every night's sleep and day's work. He needed to find her because she didn't come looking for him meaning; she didn't know his status or she's planning to get pregnant then come and threaten him later on with his baby. The thoughts of the young lady occupied his mind even at his workplace that he couldn't concentrate on anything else but the girl.

"-that's all you need to know about the finances of our branch in California sir" The finance manager said but Abraham heard non of it because he was in deep thoughts about the girl.

"Sir?, sir?......Mr Walsh?" Came the sudden questioning voice of his personal assistant which made him snap out of his thoughts but made him equally angry at his assistant.

"What the fuck claude?!" Abraham snapped at him angrily but immediately muttered an apology as soon as he saw Claude's facial expression.

   He didn't know what was wrong with him, he had not only been snapping at his employees at the workplace but also at his house. He was frustrated because of his occupied mind, the woman that disturbed his peace was ruining his state of mind but he didn't want anybody to know, including his Mother whom he trusted so much.

"Wanna talk about it?" Claude asked worryingly. He himself knew something was wrong with his friend and boss after the day he had seen the blood on his bedsheets. His boss wasn't violent while having intercourse sessions with women so that only meant he had defiled a woman, and the thought of just that was driving his friend crazy.

"About what Claude?!, about the fact that I slept with a girl without her consent?, or the fact that my ex best friend drugged me?!....tell me, which one Claude?!" Abraham asked.

"You didn't know she was a VIRGIN....and that Beaumont was going to drug you Abraham" Claude said in a quiet and soft tone.

"But I should have" Abraham said regretfully as he looked at Claude right in his eyes.

Claude sighed and shook his head negatively before looking at Abraham again. "The detectives couldn't find anything about the girl as there were no cameras on that floor and lots of girls were wearing the same outfit as hers. You said she had a tattoo of a Lycoris Radiata flower at her back right?.

That was the only thing you saw on her and it can't help the detectives in any way" Claude explained softly

"It's okay, what did the finance manager say again?" He asked as he looked down at his laptop screen.

   "According to the finance team in California; The company's innovative designs and commitment to sustainability have resonated with California's eco-conscious consumers, leading to a significant increase in sales and revenue.

  The California market has been incredibly receptive to our luxury brand, with our high-end designs and exceptional customer service driving profits and cementing our position as a leader in the industry. Our team's expertise in WDDE [Walsh Daniel Design Enterprise] has allowed us to tap into California's thriving tech industry, resulting in lucrative partnerships and substantial profits.

    California's diverse and vibrant culture has inspired our design team to create unique and captivating pieces, which have been met with overwhelming enthusiasm from customers and critics alike, leading to substantial profits" Claude explained in one breath as he scrolled his tab.
      Abraham nodded his head positively. He was expecting to hear the sound of the door closing but when he didn't, he looked up with a confused expression on his face.

"Anything else Claude?" He said slowly and softly.

"Um.....the thing is that the Madam, Your   mom said you should come visit her this weekend" Claude said nervously

"Why?" Abraham asked again

"That, I didn't not know. Should I tell her you won't come like always?" Claude asked as he looked at Abraham intently.

"No, I'll go. She must have heard something about everything that has been going on" Abraham said as he breathed a sigh of relief.

"I'll tell her now. I'm taking my leave now" Claude said before exiting the office.

"Shit!, how on earth did she find out?. I'll just go and get this over with" Abraham said and continued typing on his laptop.

Hello lovers, I know this chapter was plain but don't worry, it'll get much more exciting.

Bye😉😉😉🥰