| Unexpected Happenings |

Everything had dwindled very fast.

Ajabdeh stared down at the chasm that Gauhar Jaan had fallen into, her eyes still clinging to the tears that stayed there but refused to fall. She had to console Phool, and also check on Pratap. Something told her things were going to happen. And not the right ones too. Worried, she got up, hugging Phool tightly and comforting her. She had to see to her friend's comfort first.

"Phool, come. I have a bad feeling about Kunwar Pratap's fight with Jalaludin. Come," Ajabdeh said, gently pulling her now weeping friend away from the chasm. Was it right to take Phool to a new place now? Or better to send her back to Marwar? Ajadeh could not go against the wishes of her Maharani, or she would go along too. What was she to do?

"I don't want to face him again," Phool's voice indicated that Jalal had become a nightmare to her.

"Phool, you are brave. Kunwar Pratap is your friend. A friend matters over the enemy who haunts you," Ajabdeh said gently, encouraging Phool, before taking her along, running towards where the fight was still occurring. Much to the former's relief, it seemed that the Chittor army was nearing, and she could recognize Rawat Chundawat at the head of it. Despite not having met him, she had heard a lot about him. At the same time, she looked towards Pratap, noticing he was now fighting six soldiers at once, and a seventh one was about to attack him from the back. She saw Rawatji about to call out, but she also knew she was closer. In a flash, Ajabdeh cried out, "Kunwar Pratap!" and held the blade with her palm, protecting him with that quick action.

"AJABDEH!" Pratap cried out in horror, not focusing on the fact that his army had arrived. Instead, he felt an incredible anger fill him, a rage incandescent, and he roared, gaining sudden energy and slashing through the Mughal soldiers with a speed like never before, but only after ensuring Ajabdeh was away from the scene. He kept eyeing Ajabdeh, who had now gone to the side, and was calmly instructing Phool on how to tie her chunri around the wound she had gotten.

Rawat Chundawat, on the other hand, could not believe what he had witnessed, even as he fought the Mughal soldiers. A young girl, younger than Baojiraj even, ran to protect him, like a true Rajputani. And was now taking care of her wound, without fussing, yelling, nothing. It was as if she had done what she had wanted to do, and was now satisfied that he was safe. He had to talk to his King and Queen about this young girl, she seemed to be different.

In a short while, the battle had finished, and Jalaludin and Bairam Khan had run away, like the cowards they are. Rawatji watched, as Pratap raced towards the young girl, where she had successfully tied the wound with her chunri.

"Ajabdeh, why did you do that?" Pratap could still feel his heart beating at his throat, and horror crept through him. How had she done that? Why? She had hurt herself... for him? To protect him?

"Kunwar Pratap, if I do not protect you when I know I can, what friend am I then?" she said simply, looking at him calmly, though the pain was slowly seeping through her arm.

"Ajabdeh, see, you hurt yourself," Pratap glanced at the blood seeping through the chunri, and said, "Come, we need to take you to vaidji right now."

"I am okay, Kunwar Pratap."

Before Pratap could argue, Rawatji's voice called out to him.

"Baojiraj!"

"Rawatji! You have come," Kunwar Pratap smiled and nodded, though the smile was small and distracted. He was still looking at Ajabdeh's wound, trying not to get angry at her for getting herself injured.

"Indeed Baojiraj. Who are you, Baisa?" Rawatji asked Ajabdeh gently. "This kind of bravery in a young girl is unique and rare."

"Khamma Ghani," Ajabdeh gently folded her hands to the best of her ability. "I am Ajabdeh, Rao Ramrakh's daughter."

"Your father's bravery is clearly present in you, Baisa," the right hand man of Udai Singh praised her, and turned to Pratap, who still had a hard frown on his face. Rawat Chundawat was curious, had his Baojiraj found the one he wanted to spend his life with?

"I have heard a lot about you too, Rawatji," Ajabdeh touched his feet, smiling when he blessed her, though surprised. She continued, "Daata has said that you both are great friends, and has spoken a lot of your valour, bravery and intelligence."

"We are great friends indeed, Baisa," he smiled, before getting introduced to Phool.

"Phool, are you okay?" Pratap asked gently. She was a friend, no matter how much they argued. She nodded shakily, though her fingers gripped Ajabdeh's, who held her palm and squeezed it, giving her the strength she needed.

"I will be, Kunwar Pratap," she said shakily, but also somewhat calmly, making Ajabdeh smile affectionately at her friend and hug her gently. Phool continued, "Kunwar Pratap is right, Ajabdeh. You should go to the vaidji first."

"I am okay Phool," Ajabdeh tried, but the stern glares of Pratap and Phool stopped her. If the two ever teamed up together against her to get her to sit down and rest, she knew she would follow. The power they had when it came to her...

"Alright, alright," Ajabdeh said. "We can go to the vaidji. Phool, you are going into shock, and Kunwar Pratap, you have cuts too."

Rawat Chundawat watched in absolute delight and surprise, when Pratap bowed down to Ajabdeh's request without arguing with her, the three and him heading to the tents to find the vaidji.

*****

"Ranaji, there is something you, Maharanisa and Ranisa need to be told now," Rawat Chundawat told the King, and Udai Singh nodded, dispersing everyone except his two eldest wives. This was definitely something serious, sensing Rawatji's tone.

"What is it, Rawatji?"

"Baojiraj faced Jalaludin Mohammad today in battle."

The silence that filled the chambers was stifling, for the two mothers had frozen, and the father was furious, his eyes flashing, face turning red in anger.

"HE FACED WHOM? HOW DID WE NOT KNOW THIS?"

"Ranaji, he had come in secret with only some soldiers and Bairam Khan," Rawat Chundawat went on to describe what exactly happened, explaining everything Pratap had told him. He also explained the doubts both Mamrakhji and Pratap had on the assassin Gauhar Jaan, and how Pratap had requested Mamrakhji to let him handle her. Rawat Chundawat then spoke of what he had seen of Ajabdeh's bravery, and how she saved Pratap.

"We are indebted to Ajabdeh," whispered Jaivanta quietly, looking at the Emperor, who nodded understandingly. That was what she had said first, for hearing on her son and his prowess, as well as him being injured was still sinking in. Further, Rawatji had cleared that Pratap had been entirely treated by the vaidji.

"Maharanisa, from what little I have seen of her, she seems to believe it as her duty as well to protect Baojiraj, and he too has a sense of protectiveness towards her," Rawatji said. "They are on the way to Chittor with Phool Kanwar, and will be here soon."

"Let us go and meet them, Ranaji, Jija," Sajjabai took control of the situation, seeing the stunned looks on both Jaivanta Bai and Rana Udai Singh's faces. She knew they needed a little time to take in the events, and Sajja taking control temporarily will give them the relief they need.

Both nodded and followed her to the entrance along with Rawatji, all eagerly waiting to see Pratap again. 

*****

How was the update? Are there any changes, additions, extras needed?

Furthermore, historically, Maharana Pratap and Akbar NEVER even met each other. The battle of Haldighati was fought with Maan Singh. I am writing this as per the storyline in the show, which is why Pratap and Akbar are now face to face. 

This is fanfiction of the show Bharat Ka Veer Putra Maharana Pratap. Just wanted to add this disclaimer.