From then to Now [ CH-36]

Rizwan sipped into his drink as he faced the group of international  operatives sat in the luxurious hotel suite .

"So, let me get this straight," Rizwan said, his voice smooth as silk. "You're offering me a substantial amount of money to facilitate a large-scale explosion in the mumbai city?"

The lead operative, a tall, imposing figure with a scar above his left eyebrow, nodded. "That's right, Rizwan. We're willing to pay top dollar for your services. You have a reputation for being able to get things done discreetly and effectively."

Rizwan raised an eyebrow. "And what's the target?"

The operative smiled. "That,  you don't need to know. Let's just say it's a high-profile location that will make a big statement but before that we need to check on the safety weapons first..."

Rizwan leaned back in his chair, steepling his fingers together. "I see !  Well , weapons are safeguarded in my place for now. But need to know what's the timeline for explosion ?"

"We're thinking of something big for the upcoming Christmas or before that ," the operative replied. "The city will be crowded, and the impact will be maximum."

Rizwan nodded thoughtfully. "I can make it happen. But I want double the amount you're offering. You see The danger involvement in this area is bigger because of that Bloody SHO of MPT , it's a dicey reckless task to supply the weapons under her nose , so I want the money in cash, upfront."

The operatives exchanged glances, and the lead operative nodded. "Deal. But we expect results, Rizwan. We can't afford to have this blown. We heard SHO Karishma Singh has found out some clue from your men who is in her custody ."

Rizwan smiled, his eyes glinting with greed. "Don't worry, my friends. Let her found out some tiny clues and playing the investigation game . You just think about the money and I will deliver the best . And this time, I have a personal stake in making sure things go smoothly."

The operatives left soon after, leaving Rizwan to his thoughts. He couldn't help but think of Haseena, and how this job would finally give him the leverage he needed to get rid of KS and win her over. Little did he know, his plan was about to take an unexpected turn as he mumbled,

" Sab kuch wasool karne ka waqt aa gaya hain inspector  Karishma Singh ....Ops! Inspector toh tum rahogi nehi ....." With A devilish laugh he finished the leftover drink from the glass and said, " Gaddar Karishma Singh will sound better.....Much better ! "

He mocked out with a sinister crackle while throwing the glass shattering it into pieces  ..
.
.
.

Mallick house

For the past few minutes a thick silence spread all over the atmosphere streching between the two families Mallick's and the Singh's like a tacit blockade. Where haseena's posture seems tensed and KS rooted in her place her gaze flickering between Ammi and the floor beneath her feet. Unsure of how to handle the moment softly KS initiate ,
" Um...Ammi..."

Therefore ammi steeped in to break the silence.

" Ye koi mazaak chal raha hain kyaa Karishma beta ? Matlab jab Maan Kiya bol diya pyaar nehi hain aab achanak se bol rahe ho shadi kar liya .. ! itni uljhan se koi rishta kaise Suru ho sakta Hain...! " Noorjahan mallick's words held seriousness.

" Haan, aur nehi toh ka, humko toh pehli baar samajh hi nehi aa raha Humara bhag foot gaya hain ya khul gaye hain..." Pushpa ji said over the video call.

Although Kareena Legally united signing the marriage papers but still decided to ask for each other's hands from their mothers so haseena went to hospital to ask KS's hands to pushpee while KS waited in mallick house to do the same talk with Noor ammi and both the families were connected through a face times .