Chapter Two: A Double Meeting

I'm going through the maze of hallways backstage. I can't believe I have been so silly and gotten into trouble. I'm so in my head that I bump into someone as I turn the corner. I fall over because I'm so petite, just like that one time in front of my high school. I quickly try to stop the awkwardness.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed.

My body is filled with embarrassment. But that's when it happens. A hand comes down to help me up. I take the hand. Wow, it is so soft. Once I'm up, I finally see this mystery man, and oh my god, it is none other than Seok Matthew from ZB1. My eyes widened in disbelief.

Matthew laughed, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "No worries! Are you okay?" he starts caressing my hand, which is still interlocked with his.

I nodded, still in shock. "Y-yeah, I'm fine. I-I-I just didn't expect to run into you here." Oh my god, I just stuttered; I'm just embarrassing myself further.

"Well, it's a pleasant surprise for me too; I am here to film a TikTok with some NCT members,", Matthew said, his smile never wavering. "By the way, what brings you backstage?"

I start talking, but I'm a blabbering mess. I explain how I don't know what I've done and that I think I am in trouble. Once I have stopped talking, I look into Mathew's eyes, which are sparkling with interest.

"Well, personally, I don't think you're in trouble at all. You won't be allowed backstage if that were the case," Mathew laughs. What is your name, by the way?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, my name is Ryan. It is nice to meet you" I reply

"Well, it has been nice bumping into you, Ryan, but I have to go," Mathew says, looking a bit down. "Say, since we're both here and all... would you like to go out with me sometime?"

Ryan's heart pounded. Was this really happening? "I'd love to," he replied, grinning from ear to ear. I can't believe the Seok Mathew has just asked me on a date. My hands still in his, he finally let go to give me his number and leave. I'm starstruck. I can't believe what just happened to me.

"Can we go now? Someone is waiting for you," the guard says, which makes me jump. Oops, I forgot he was here

"Yeah," I reply, and we keep going.

As we walk, all I think about is Mathew. His beautiful smile, glimmering eyes, his sweet personality, oh wow, he's just like I thought he would be. While coming to the concert, I was thinking about how I have two men in my life who I dream about, Mark being one. However, Mathew is the other, and I've just met him. For the past two years, I have been thinking about Mathew non-stop. Ever since seeing him on Boys Planet, I have known I would love him since he was a total catch. Now he is in ZB1 and I just can't stop supporting him. It helps that I actually enjoy ZB1's music.. unlike NCT. My thoughts are disrupted when the security guard stops at the door and knocks. I'm keeping what Mathew said earlier in the back of my mind and how he doubts I'll be in trouble. The door opens, and I'm met with the Mark Lee.  

My heart is beating double time. Mark looked up and smiled, his face slightly flushed. "Hey, you must be Ryan. Please come in."

I nod, feeling my cheeks heat up. "Y-yeah, that's me. Um, you want to see me? W-well thank you for inviting me backstage."

Mark rubbed the back of his neck, looking adorably flustered. "I couldn't help but notice you during the concert. You seemed to be having a great time. Plus, you're beautiful"

I blushed, hardly able to contain my excitement. "I was," I admitted, feeling more at ease. "You guys were amazing. I've been a huge fan of yours for years, Mark. This is like a dream come true."

Mark chuckled, and the sound was music to my ears. "I'm glad we could make it happen".

"Honestly, I was mostly here for you." I admit.

"Wow, that means a lot to me, Ryan. Thank you."His eyes widened slightly, and he seemed genuinely touched."Well, I kind of need to make this short as I have dinner plans with my members, but I was wondering if I could get your number or something so we can hang out sometime?"

"Are you serious?" what did he say? No, I'm dreaming. This cannot be real. My heart was ready to burst from his chest. "Yes, I'd love to," I replied, feeling like I am walking on air.

"Totally. I don't give my number out to just anyone, you know." Mark smiles. "Well then, I'll have my manager give me the details, as I need to go now. It was lovely meeting you." He waves goodbye and leaves me in the room.