Chapter Six: My Love is Torn in Two

My mind was a whirlwind of emotions as I sat on the edge of my bed, clutching my phone. The memory of my dates with Matthew and Mark played over and over in my head. How could I choose between two incredible people? Both dates had been perfect in their own way, and the thought of losing either of them made my heart ache. I needed to come up with a solution fast. That's when an idea hit me. It was a bit unconventional, but maybe, just maybe, it could work. I quickly texted both Matthew and Mark, asking them to meet me at a local bubble tea shop. My fingers trembled as I typed, my heart pounding in my chest.

A few hours later, I walked into the cozy bubble tea shop, the sweet aroma of tea and tapioca filling the air. My eyes quickly spotted Matthew and Mark sitting at a corner table, looking slightly uneasy. I took a deep breath and approached them, my heart feeling like it was going to burst out of my chest.

"Hey, guys," I greeted, forcing a smile. "Thanks for coming."

Matthew smiled warmly, his eyes sparkling with curiosity. "Of course, Ryan. What's up?"

Mark nodded, his expression a mix of curiosity and concern. "Yeah, what did you want to talk about?"

I took a deep breath and sat down, my hands shaking slightly. "I wanted to talk about our dates. Both of you are amazing, and I had the best time with each of you. But the thing is... I can't choose between you."

They both looked at me, confusion evident in their eyes. I quickly continued, not wanting to lose my nerve.

"Matthew, you're so fun and easy to be around. You make me laugh and feel comfortable being myself. And Mark, you're so sweet and caring. You make me feel special and understood. Both of you complement me so well, and I can't imagine losing either of you."

I paused, trying to gauge their reactions. Matthew's smile had faded slightly, and Mark's brow was furrowed in thought. I swallowed hard and pressed on.

"I was thinking... maybe we could all be together. Like, a throuple. I know it's a lot to ask, but I really care about both of you, and I don't want to lose either of you."

There was a heavy silence as they both processed my words. My heart pounded in my chest, and I could feel the tension in the air. Finally, Mark stood up, his expression conflicted.

"I... I don't know if I can do that, Ryan," he said, his voice trembling slightly. "I want you all to myself. I'm not sure if I can share you."

He turned and walked out of the shop, leaving me feeling like my heart had been ripped out of my chest. I turned to Matthew, who was looking down at the table, his usual smile gone.

"I've never been in a throuple before, Ryan," Matthew said softly, his voice tinged with sadness. "I'm not sure if it's something I can handle."

He stood up and left as well, leaving me alone in the shop. I felt like the world had collapsed around me. The two people I cared about most were gone, and it was all my fault. Tears welled up in my eyes as I sat there, feeling more alone than ever.