Chapter 8

Yash's POV

" Are you done with it, yet ? " I asked Sarah impatiently.

" In a minute, sir " she replied, her expressions shocked. I rarely rush things out and snap at my employees.

" The meeting is in an hour Sarah and We still have a lot to do "

" But sir It's not my - "

" I know Sarah, I am at fault but can you pick up the pace ! " I replied, downloading all the important documents. Today's meeting is really important for me, the whole board is gonna attend the meeting.

" Yes sir but you should really stop focusing more on the Delhi project, because of that you procrastinated THIS " she said,

" Okay but for now check the final report from the PR team "

" You didn't check it ??? "

// // // // // //

" We already know, why this meeting is arranged, So without any further discussions let's start the meeting " One of the member spoke.

" After a lot of agreements and disagreements, the board came to a final decision that we are gonna appoint a COO for Arora tech and it can be anyone, a new person too and it will be decided by the chairman himself " He declared making Sarah look at me with a shocked expression. Being the CEO, I had total rights to not agree with the decision but I choose to not, the reason still unknown to everyone except dad and he very well knows that I can't give my 100 % to the company, I am bound by my promises and responsibilities.

My phone pinged with a message interrupting my thoughts

The message -

' when are you coming '

' day after tomorrow ' i replied to him.

// // // // // //

" Yash ? You are back home already ? " Mom asked shocked

" Be happy maa, your son came back home at 6pm only " Adithi said making maa shake her head and I heard a familiar voice chuckle.

" Drishti ? " I said

" Hey " she said giving me a small smile.

" And maa I will be leaving for Delhi the day after tomorrow " I said

" Delhi again ? For how many years this time ? " Adithi asked sarcasticly.

" Maybe for a week or more "

" Stop stressing yourself much Yash "

" It's okay maa, I will be back in a few minutes " I said to no one in particular and started walking towards my room.

// // // // // //

" The dinner was really delicious aunty " drishti said to my mom

" You should visit me more drishti, I am getting bored with this ungrateful brats " mom said looking at Adithi

" maaa " Adithi whined

" Sure aunty, I will leave now " she said giving mom a hug
.
" Did you bring your car ? " Mom asked her

" No aunty, I will just book a cab " she replied, cab ?? Now ?

" What no ??? Yash or Adithi will drop you, it's late " maa said

" No aunty, it's okay, I will manage "

" I will drop her " I said making Adithi look at me with a teasing smile.

" But - "

" No buts, just go already, I am sleepy" Adithi said making maa glare at her.

// // // // // //

" You should have just let me book a cab " drishti said while putting her location on the tab in my car.

" I didn't want to " I said starting the car.

" Why not ? You are always busy Yash and when you finally have some time to rest, you are dropping me home instead of doing that" she said her eyes filled with guilt.

" You don't have to feel guilty about it drishti" I said giving her a reassuring smile.

" Okay " she said a bit hesitant
.
" So, how is your vacation going on ? " I asked her,  diverting the topic

" Vacation ? " She laughed

" Anyway, it's going great and I have to start working from the day after tomorrow "  she added.

" Ohh "

We spoke throughout the ride about everything and nothing. It's easy and effortless speaking with her.

// // // // // //

" Thanks once again " she said getting out of the car and i followed her until the gate.

" Not a problem " 

" Ugh I would have invited you inside if not it's late night and I know you have office tomorrow " she said

" I would have loved to accept the invite if not for my office tomorrow " I said making her smile.

" Bye then "

" Bye, go inside" I said and she opened the gate

" And Drishti I think you are cute too " I said making her steps halt and look at me wide eyed her cheeks bright red.

_____________________________

Author's note  -

Hey peeps !

Nothing much to say, yash seems a little suspicious, doesn't he ? But he is cute, they are cute - drishti and Yash !

Oh and don't forget to hit the
star guy ⭐

- Saram :)