f o r t y - s e v e n

Jin Hee ran ahead of the group, jumping down the broken parts of the road. In Seong chuckled at his sister's excitement. She was happy to be outside again, which made In Seong happy. As the group walked, In Seong peered over his shoulder to Eun Yoo. She was walking a little slower than the rest of them. He paused when he noticed her abruptly stop. In Seong tilted her head, "Eun Yoo, you good?" In Seong asked as he climbed back up. "Eun Yoo." He called out as he watched her look around as if someone else was there. Eun Yoo lowered her head, shaking it. In Seong stopped – that was exactly what he did when he first heard the voices. In Seong reached his hand out, placing it gently on her shoulder. It startled her.

However, when In Seong looked at her face, she wasn't fully scared. It was jarring to hear the voices at first – In Seong heard his members talking over each other, and then the dark voice that belonged to his own monster.

Eun Yoo looked at In Seong before letting herself look at Hyun Soo and Eun Hyuk. Then she looked directly at In Seong. Hyun Soo went to move but In Seong held out his hand to stop him. Jin Hee stepped closer to Hyun Soo, looking up at In Seong and Eun Yoo. Eun Yoo moved forward quickly, stopping Eun Hyuk from walking away.

He stopped on top of a car, looking back at Eun Yoo. "Thank you. Thank you for showing up." Eun Yoo said. In Seong watched as Eun Hyuk walked off without a single word. In Seong rolled his eyes, shaking his head as he looked back at Eun Yoo. She started to sniffle, tears filling her eyes. Eun Yoo looked around In Seong to Hyun Soo. "Just follow this road, In Seong will show you the way." Eun Yoo said.

Hyun Soo understood completely what Eun Yoo was doing.

In Seong watched as her attention was drawn back to him. "I'm just taking a short break here and catch up." In Seong heard Hyun Soo pull Jin Hee back, helping her up onto the car, leaving In Seong to speak with Eun Yoo. "Hurry." In Seong stood his ground, he wanted to hear it from her own mouth what was happening. "It'll bother me more if I hold you back." Eun Yoo said.

"I'm holding them back too." In Seong said.

"Please, In Seong, I know you want to see Yeong Su again."

"So do you." In Seong didn't want to leave Eun Yoo alone. "I don't feel comfortable leaving you alone." In Seong said.

Eun Yoo gave him a small smile. "Eun Hyuk's back, In Seong, you don't have to protect me anymore."

In Seong glanced to where Eun Hyuk stopped, waiting impatiently for them to hurry up. Eun Yoo was right, In Seong didn't have to protect her anymore. That was Eun Hyuk's request. In Seong looked after Eun Yoo for Eun Hyuk – and technically now that he was back, In Seong's job was finished. That didn't mean In Seong didn't care for Eun Yoo. "In Seong," In Seong looked back at Eun Yoo. "If I change like Eun Hyuk, then... then please..." Eun Yoo took a deep breath. "Please help me relearn everything. And be patient with me even if I'm rude." Eun Yoo asked.