Fact #50: Super Soldier Legacy

After the success of Steve Roger's transformation into Captain America and Dr Abraham Erskine's death at the hands of an enemy spy, many organizations around the worlds for decades attempted to recreate the super soldier serum or create super soldiers through different methods, resulting in deaths, failures, and the birth of various heroes or villains.

One of the earliest known attempts at this was Soldier Boy, who's powers came from the drug called Compound V which secretly came from the tainted blood of Red Skull, acting as a prelude to what would become Vought's darkest secret in the next many decades to come.

Over in Japan, there have been a couple of attempts which included Noodle who's better known as the guitar player for the rock band, Gorillaz and later on came the birth of the first Diclonius known as Kaede or by her codename "Lucy".

Over in Russia, they were more successful with Red Guardian who would go on to become leader of the Winter Guard, Russia's equivalent to The Avengers.

There have been more unstable individuals who became super soldiers which included William Burnside, the so-called Captain America of the 1950s and even Anti-Cap, the Navy's first attempt at creating their own "Super-Sailor" using expiremental AVX patches which backfired due to the soldier's mental issues being amplified by the AVX drug.

There was also the infamous Weapon X program which gave Wolverine his Adamantium-laced skeleton and for turning Wade Wilson into the mercenary known as Deadpool among other things.

From these examples, it's a pretty good example on how much of a impact Captain America left on the world as Earth's first super soldier, both for good and for worse.

(Can't believe I've now already hit 50 chapters on this fact book. At least I managed to keep myself on a roll with this fanmade universe.)