S2 ~ CH-45 - Metang's Menace

Chapter 45 - Metang's Menace!

In this chapter Ash and Jasmine will  finally start their gym battle in order for Ash to win his next pearl Symbol. But what pokemon will he choose? And who will win?

- If you enjoy the chapter, I would really appreciate it if you left a vote.

- I do post a lot on my profile and if you want to be notified, make sure to drop a follow!
- Lastly, I would love it if you guys drop comments on things you notice, like or dislike. Let me know!
- I have a discord server with a few other writers/readers. Feel free to join, link is here or if it doesn't work, it's in the comments.

Let me know if you want to join my Discord.

Wordcount: 4390

_______________________________________

Ash found himself on the battlefield, Pikachu by his side while Jasmine stood across from them. Both were wearing competitive smirks on their faces, ready to get the gym battle started.

At the side, Serena was sitting with Brock and Janina. The trio of them were seated beside each other, waiting with anticipation as an official Pokémon League referee stepped on her platform.

"The battle between Gym leader Jasmine and challenger Ash Ketchum is about to get underway." She stood firm and spoke with a loud and clear voice.

"Both Ash and Jasmine are allowed to use up to four pokemon, with both having a possibility to switch whenever they like. The battle will be concluded when either side runs out of usable pokemon. Are both trainers ready?" She continued.

Jasmine nodded, and so did Ash. Serena watched him, feeling anxious but excited at seeing her boyfriend battling in an all tense environment with a lot of stakes on the line. She didn't know what strategy he had in mind or which pokemon he was gonna use. The only thing she knew was that Ash would give it his all and never give up, which was his go-to strategy for most of the times. "Goodluck Ash!" Serena shouted, empowering her thoughts by shouting, relieving herself from some stress.

Ash smiled in return at her and gave her a thumbs up. However the moment of eye-contact did more to describe his feelings and thoughts than the motion. He was completely focused and with just laying eyes on Serena, he managed to give her some confidence in his abilities.

Brock beside Serena was looking at Ash carefully. This was the first time since a year he had seen Ash battle in a full blown gym battle. The last time was against Wulfric, still in their school time they shared together.

Besides that, he was also interested to see how far Jasmine had come. The last time he saw her was back in Sinnoh, when she challenged and lost to Flint, the elite four member of the region.

Both trainers were pretty well known for their impressive power in battling, aswell as their tactical side. One thing was sure... this battle wouldn't be easy- for both sides.

Ash glanced forward, his gaze mainly directed at the battlefield infront. Be scanned it with interest, his mind already brimming with ideas.

The battlefield was mainly flat, with a white pokeball symbol painted in the middle. The symbol imprinted on the field infront showed the ties the gym had with the Pokémon League Association, thus making this challenge all the more official.