CHAPTER 2

My eyes, wide opened as the alarm went off. I checked the time and I was late. It was apparently 6:30 in the morning and my school starts at 8 am. I got out of my bed quickly and went to the bathroom. I took a quick shower which lasted for 5 minutes before doing my morning routine.

As the first day of school, I thought of a casual outfit. I chose a light pink crop top with a skirt to go with. I did my wavy hair up in a bun, leaving two strings of hair at the front.

Then I did light makeup, with a pink lip gloss to go with my crop top. I had my blush on each side of my cheeks and curled my eyelashes before putting mascara on. I did my eyebrows next and... viola!

Then it hit me, I forgot to check up Lily.

I rushed to her room, only to find my mother and her, sitting on her vanity chair while my mom was smiling and doing a hairstyle.

Lily saw me and her face lit up, "Mimi! Come! Mommy is doing a new hairstyle for my first day of school!" She said, her face and tone full of excitement.

I chuckled a little before going towards Lily, "I can see that, you look amazing, my angel" I complimented her before picking up her backpack.

I looked at Lily, "Is everything ready?" I asked her, needing reassurance before heading to school.

Lily nodded, "Mommy packed my lunch, right mommy?" Lily asked our mother, turning back to her.

My mother smiled, "Of course sweetheart. It is my priority as your mother after all" My mother spoke.

We nodded, "Mom, did you pack my lunch too?" I asked my mother, hoping for a yes to come out of her mouth but...

nothing...

"Mom? Did you pack my lunch?" I asked my mom again.

My mom pursed her lips, "Mila...I thought you already packed it by yourself...You're already 17 years old..." My mom trailed off.

I sighed, "18 years old, actually" I corrected her.

"It's only a year apart. Anyways, you should learn how to handle yourself." My mom told me as she finished Lily's hairstyle, which was pigtails.

I sighed again, I was hoping my day would go well but I guess it's fine...

"Sure mom." I mumbled as I picked Lily up, who giggled.

"Let's go, shall we?" I asked Lily, trying to sound as excited as her.

"Yes! Mommy, we will go now! See you!" Lily said, before kissing our mother's cheek.

I laughed as I waved at my mom, who did the same.

"Off we go to our schools!" I said, kissing Lily's head before getting her seat buckled as she sat in the passenger seat of my car.

"Yayyyy!" She exclaimed, as her giggles filled the car.

__________________________

I was caught off guard as 3 figures jumped on me, who seemed to be my best friends.

"Mila! I missed you so much" Lesley exclaimed as she hugged me tighter.

"I know right!" Andrew exclaimed as well.

"It had been the longest summer break ever!" Xavier groaned as he hugged me too.

As a moment passed, we all pulled away from our hug.

"I missed you guys so much!" I said to my best friends who nodded immediately.

"Real! Can you believe that it's our last year at high school?" Andrew asked out of excitement.