CHAPTER 7

✯ Valerie's POV

I rushed out of the library as fast as I could to my office. I was flustered, flustered by the interaction that Camillia and I had. I haven't felt like this since my break-up with Leila, my Ex-Fiancé. I found out that she was cheating on me with a woman named Eliza or whatever. Now I was blushing because of some intimate interaction with my damn student.

Camillia was pretty, very pretty to say the least. I knew that she was my student but complimenting her was just to be friendly. I have been so moody since the start of the semester but I don't feel this much infuriated around her, though I didn't know why. But I needed to keep things professional between me and her, as I didn't want to lose my job and I'm sure that she didn't want to be expelled.

I decided not to go back home as I figured that my sister, Celene wouldn't be at home. I chose to go to Jennifer's house, also as I wanted to see the little twins.

I walked to my car and I got in and buckled my seat.

It took me only a few minutes to drive as their house was nearer to the school than mine.

I reached their house and rang the bell before going in, clearly not waiting for an answer. We had been friends for what seems like ages so I could easily go in and out of their house freely.

I settled on the couch as I saw Elodie walking towards the area.

"Sup Val, whatchu doing here?" She said as she said down beside me but not too close.

"Eh, I was just bored. Celene is not at home today since she went out with her friends or something. And where are the kids?" I said as I swiftly looked around to see any trace of them.

"Liviana is drawing or painting in her room and Mariana is sleeping-" Elodie was cut off by a cry that echoed through the hallways.

Then, we saw a little Livia running towards Elodie.

"Mommy, where did you go?" Livia asked, with small tears pooling in her eyes.

"Sorry, darling. Aunty Val is here and I had to welcome her." Elodie said in a soft tone as she wiped Livia's tears.

Livia slowly turned her head towards me, "Aunty Val?" She questioned.

I smiled at her, "Yes Livia, Aunty Val is here." I said.

She smiled and nodded as she ran to somewhere.

"What was that?" I said with a laugh, seeing Livia jumping off somewhere was funny.

"Have no idea." Elodie shrugged with a laugh too.

Just then, we saw Livia coming back with Maria who had paint and markers all over her hands.

Maria came running towards me, "Aunty Val!" She exclaimed as she hugged me.

I hugged her back with a laugh, finding this situation funny.

Maria was always a clingy person, that's why she needed attention so often.

On the other hand, Livia was calm. Not cold but she kept things to herself, which she inherited from Jennifer.
It took her years to actually warm up to her surroundings but she has always adored me ever since she was born. I was low-key sure that I was her favourite.

"Hello Maria, why is paint all over your hands?" I said in a jokingly stern tone with a raised eyebrow.

She pursed her lips into a straight line, "I was doing some painting..." She said with a silly smile.

I smiled, "And why did you get so dirty?" I asked again.

"It was a project, okay?!" She spilled out.

I laughed as I nodded in response.