Part 2

The next day...

I woke up to find Tee still sleeping. I looked at the time and it was only 5:30. 'Well, since nobody's up, I can take this opportunity to take a shower and beat the morning rush.' Sluggishly getting out of bed, I tip toed to the wardrobe and picked out a Black Veil Brides tank top, a pair of black skinny jeans and my converse and headed towards the bathroom, making sure to lock the door behind me.

As the hot drops of water soothed me, I closed my eyes and remembered one of the best moments I ever had...

Flashback start

"Mummy, where's Daddy?" My younger self asked. 

"Don't worry, honey. Daddy is getting your surprise!" My mum replied.

"Ohhh goodie! A supwise! What is it? Tell me, tell me, tell me!" I begged.

"Well, if I told you, it woldn't be a surprise now would it?"

"I guess not mummy.." Just as I said that my dad came through the door. "DADDY!"

"Hey Sky Happy Birthday! The surprise is waiting for you in the garden-" "YAY supwise!" I shouted as I dashed into the garden. I gasped as I saw the pink wendy house. "Thank you Mummy, thank you Daddy!" 

"That's not all! Have a look inside!" Mum said. Sure enough, inside there were LOADS of presents. I gasped and hugged them both tightly. "I love you both vewry vewry much!"

Flashback end

The good thing about showers is that you can't tell if someone is crying because I couldn't stop the flow of  tears. We were always smiling... until... the accident... The moment I knew my parents were dead... The only remnants of their existence are two slabs of  stone and my memories and I intend to keep them alive in my mind forever. They shall never be forgotten.

Sighing deeply,  turned off the shower, dried off and got changed. I unlocked the door and walked back to my room. As I turned the corner, I bumped into someone. "Sorry." I mumbled.  

"Mornin' to you too gorgeous- hey, you've been crying. What's wrong?" Rick asked, lifting my chin up to look straight into his deep blue eyes.

"I just had some shampoo in my eye, that's all. I'm ok." I said, putting on the best fake smile I could.

"You're not fooling me ya know, I can tell when you're lying. That's the only good thing I've got from my parents..." Rick trailed off and looked serious. Gently, I grabbed his hand and intertwined it with my own and took a deep breath. I've only known him for a day but I've grown fond of him and he doesn't come off as the type of guy that spreads secrets. "It's ok babe, you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to. I understand." Rick said with a reassuring smile. 

"N-no I want to. My parents died in a car accident not so long ago. I saw it happen and... the reason why I was crying is because I thought of a happy memory and wished I could see them again..." There was a long pause before Rick pulled me into a hug. 

"I'm sorry, Sky. Well, my parents are in prison at the moment. They were professional scammers that's how I could tell when you were lying. My dad visited me and did the whole "I'm a changed man" routine but, old habits never die hard with him. He'll never change..." Rick said with a sigh and released me. I gazed into his eyes and he did the same. We both leaned in and I felt his velvety lips graze mine. His arms wrapped around me as we just stayed like that for what felt like an eternity until a sudden slam of a door startled us. 

"Do you wanna go to the park later? We could talk more and no one will disturb us." Rick suggested.

"Yeah, I'd love that." I said shyly. 

"Great then it's a date!" He exclaimed then whispered in my ear, "By the way, your lips are amazingly soft." Then walked off down the hallway leaving me in a chirpy mood. Normally I wasn't a morning person but this morning was definitely an exception.

Second chapter done :) Sorry if it was short. Thanks Shay for the encouragement :D