Part 12

"Hi Johnny what's-" I cut off, noticing that he was bawling his eyes out. I know I didn't like him but I couldn't just let him be upset.

"What's wrong?" I asked and sat down next to him on the sofa. Normally around this time, everyone is in here watching TV but there was just Johnny. Something big must've happened.

"Johnny?" I persisted but he just kept crying hysterically. Darting upwards, Johnny tried to get up but I pulled on his sleeve, revealing his arm. Gasping in shock, I gazed at the cuts on his arm, trying really hard to hold back the tears.

"Johnny, why d-did you do this?" "He's right... I'm worthless. No one cares for me... Tee has to cause she's my sister but... other than that, everyone hates me!" He screamed. "Who's right? And all that stuff you said, it's not true." I said but it made him cry even more. I decided to text Rick.

Me: 'I need you downstairs... Something's gone horribly wrong :( xx'

Rick: 'Ok xxx'

I waited for his reply before comforting Johnny.

"M-my step dad..." Was all he managed to say before Rick entered the room. The look on his face said it all.

"Ohhh my God... Johnny what the hell have you done?!" At that, Johnny started crying again.

"I- I'm so sorry... I got Shay to flirt with Rick... I'm so, so sorry Ahh!" Johnny sobbed.

"We know. Shay told us and she didn't actually flirt with Rick, she explained what will happen if she didn't. That's why we pretended; to protect her. Johnny, I know how much you like me, but you have to understand I'm with Rick. I keep telling you this because it will never change but that doesn't mean that I don't care for you. Why did you do this?" I asked. Look's like my first plan is being put to good use as Johnny calmed down dramatically and... was actually telling the truth.

"My step dad abused me, said I was worthless and I should just die... well he's right! I AM worthless and I SHOULD die!"

"No Johnny." Rick sighed. "I know we haven't seen eye to eye but seriously, no one deserves to die here, especially not you. I'm sorry about all the agro 'n' stuff but there are people who do care for you."

"Like who?" He asked but for once, he wasn't hostile. "Me?" I said, abit unsure about what Rick would think after all he's done to try and separate us but he understood my efforts in trying to stop Johnny's suicidal thoughts and nodded.

I hugged Johnny tightly while Rick patted his back. I think Johnny finally got the message. As Johnny wept on my shoulder, Rick went to go and get Mike and Gina.

"Johnny, promise me that you won't tell Shay's secret to anyone."

"I promise. I realise now that the bond between you and Rick is rock solid. Shay did the right thing, and I wish I never lied or said those things to you... If I could take them back, I would but-" I cut him off, "Shh it's alright. It's all in the past now. I forgive you and so does Rick. Even in time, I'm sure Shay'll forgive you too." I said.

Letting go, I looked into his eyes and saw remorse. I knew instinctively that he meant his apology.

Roaring footsteps could be heard sprinting down the corridor before Mike and Gina exploded into the room, followed by Rick.

Me and Rick left Mike and Gina to deal with Johnny. I explained what had happened to Shay; that her secret was safe and he apologizes for the blackmail. She sounded relieved and worried but thanked me for everything. Over time, I could see us becoming close friends and with Johnny on the road to recovery, things started to look up. 

I've come to see that The Dumping Ground, despite all it's drama, can be a fun and happy place...

END OF CHAPTER ONE

So yeah ^-^ The first chapter done :D I'll be continuing it even further in the near future so stay tuned ;P LOL that sounded weird XD