Chapter Seventeen

Damian's POV

It had officially been three weeks since y/n and I had met. Like every night since we had been apart we had talked on FaceTime and last night was no different. We were counting down the days to me coming to visit her. It was less than thirty six hours now.

"Papi?!" I heard on this Monday morning. My eyes open and I see y/n on FaceTime staring back at me.

"Mi amor?" I asked wiping the sleep from my eyes.

"I think we fell asleep on FaceTime," she said sitting up in her bed. I grabbed my phone, nodding before sitting up and putting on my glasses.

"I think we did," I chuckled "We have officially become that couple."

Y/N groans "Crap," she said making me smile.

"Well tomorrow night I get to fall asleep with you in my arms," I said.

"Mm. I can't wait," she said as she got out of bed and started music a beautiful song filled the air and came into my ears.

"Y/N what is this song?" I asked.

She smiles "I'd Love to Be Your Last by Clay Walker," she said.

"Beautiful song," I said leaning against the headboard after adjusting pillows "Perfectly describes us."

She smiles "Why do you have to be even sweeter when I can't kiss you?" she asked as she began walking and I can hear all three of her dogs walking with her.

"I'm sorry mi amor," I said "That changes in thirty six hours," as another sweet melody filled the air but I knew this one my Mom loved this song "Oh When You Say Nothing At All by Keith Whitley," causing her to stop in her tracks and look at me.

"Yes. How?" she said as she knew I wasn't a country music fan like her.

"My Mom. She loves this song," I admit.

"I like her even more now," she grins as I see her walk into the kitchen. She props me I mean her phone on her counter as she grabbed the dog bowls.

"I'm pretty sure the feeling will be mutual once she finds out you love one of her favorite songs," I said getting out of bed and grabbing work out clothes. I prop my own phone up and undressed.

"LUIS!" she gasped her jaw dropping.

"Babe. You have seen it all before," I tease.

"Well yes. But geesh give a girl a warning next time," she said.

I pulled on my boxer briefs "Better?" I asked laughing.

"Well now I have to go take a cold ass shower. Thanks," she said as she filled the dog bowls.

"You're welcome. Glad I could be of some assistance," I smirk.

She gave me a dirty look as she put down the dog bowls "You will pay for that," she said leaning on her counter as I finished getting dress as another familiar song came on My Best Friend by Tim McGraw. What no one knew is I'm a fan of him and listened to him mainly on air pods and when I am alone in the car.

I grabbed my phone "Eres más que un amantes. Nunca podría haber otra que me haga sentir como tú. Oh, solo nos acercamos. Me enamoro por completo cada vez que te miro. No sé dónde estaría sin ti aquí conmigo. La vida contigo tiene mucho sentido. Eres mi mejor amigo. Eres mi mejor amigo," I sang the chorus to her making her tear up. (You're more than a lover. There could never be another to make me feel the way you do. Oh, we just get closer. I fall in love all over every time I look at you. I don't know where I'd be without you here with me. Life with you makes perfect sense. You're my best friend. You're my best friend.)