Chapter Sixty Six

Damian's POV

I am driving to the restaurant as y/n sat in the passenger seat watching the world go by. She was humming along to the radio as we had her phone hooked to the car's blue tooth and we played our playlist. Little Things by One Direction. I know. I know. Two forty one year olds chose a One Direction song? Well we had listened to it on the flight back from Miami and we looked at each other at the same time and laughed because it was a nice song and the lyrics were us. Our hands were currently laced together and rested on the center console.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I asked softly as I brought her hand to my lips and kissed it. She turned to me and smiles.

"Thinking about this and that," she said "Especially the wedding. We have to start definitely planning. We need to make sure everything is booked for October thirty first two thousand and twenty five so that two crazy forty something year old kids can exchange vows," she giggles and I laughed too.

"Yeah just two crazy kids absolutely in love," as she looks over at me and I can see her out of my peripheral and she gave me a soft smile.

"Absolutely," she said as she hums along as Little Things continues.

"But I know there is more on that beautiful mind of yours," I said. She swallowed as she turned her face away from me and I knew she was hiding the tears "Baby? Look at me," as Heaven Sent by Keisha Cole began, which was my add. She shook her head "Y/N," I said sternly and she turned to me as I stopped as I had pulled into the restaurants parking lot. She head tears running down her cheeks "Baby," I sigh lightly.

"I'm fine Luis. I am," she said forcing a smile.

"Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N," I said raising my voice an octave "You know damn well I know you're not."

Her lower lip trembled "It's just," she wipes away tears as I hook her chin before wiping her tears away with the side of my thumb "Luis. I-," her eyes lower and aren't meeting mine.

"Y/N look at me," I said gently she raised her eyes "Come on you can tell me."

"It's the idea of shopping for a dress without my Mom," she said as the tears fell like a tsunami and I quickly unbuckle her and myself and pulled her into my lap the best I could.

"Baby. I can't imagine what you are going through or how that even feels. But Honey. You won't have to go through it alone. You know that," I said as I kissed her forehead as Hero by Enrique Iglesias plays softly.

"I do. And I appreciate Mamá ready and willing to take me when we are in New York City at Christmas time to start looking but I would like to have," she looks down for a brief moment "to have my Mom there too."

I can't fix this problem and it kills me to not be able to fix this problem "How about this. We figure out how to get everyone you want there to see you trying on dresses and we have you trying dresses on in Orlando. So tell me aside from my Mom who else do you want to be there?"

Y/N sniffles "Well Gina, Rachel, Demi, Fergal's mom, Leonie since she has been like a second mom to me since I was a kid. Tali and Mia if not they can easily join over FaceTime. But I definitely for sure want your Mom, Demi and Leonie especially since they'll be the most straight with me and won't care I want a black wedding dress."

I chuckled lightly "Mom's not keen on it but I explained to her that's your style. You haven't been princess-y since you were eight," I said kissing her lips. As I reach up and caress her cheek "So she got it then. Besides once she saw you in that black dress for Hannah and Jake's wedding she knew you'd look dynamite walking down the aisle in black."

Y/N giggles lightly "I texted Leonie and told her I wanted a black wedding dress and she wrote back I would not expect anything else on you. You always marched to the beat of your own drummer."