Separator

"This food is complete crap."

"Oh, quit whining. It isn't that bad, Colin." Ed rolled his eyes, biting into his unappealing turkey sandwich. Thom was picking at his orange, removing each piece of its skin. "Beats having to pay for the good stuff." He mumbled.

Colin glanced over at the lunch line, watching the students grab different things. Some grabbed paper bags, some grabbed trays. As for the three of them, they had paper bags. "We shouldn't have to pay to get slightly above average food, I mean come on... We can't even choose what we eat." Colin complained, pushing his paper bag away.

"Say what you want, I'm knockin' this turkey sammy down." Ed chimed after Colin. He looked at the paper bag he pushed away from himself. "Mm.. gonna eat that?"

"Hell no, you could have it, bud." He answered immediately, pushing it towards Ed. Thom swiftly reached over and pushed it right back towards Colin. "Nope, you're gonna eat something first. Anything- something from that bag." Thom firmly stated.

Colin rolled his eyes and he was about to instantly refuse, but he thought it over for a moment.

"Okay. Fine. That's easy. They've got grapes in here." He said, reluctantly taking the paper bag and opening it up. Wrapped turkey sandwich, bagged grapes, an orange, a half-sized water bottle, and bagged carrots. Some would argue that there's nothing wrong with this meal, but Colin just couldn't get past it. In fact, he went around asking the cafeteria workers about the lunch meals. Apparently, the meals would rarely- and barely- differ each day. That means, eating this exact meal- practically everyday! How could anyone live like this ...

Colin reached for the bag of grapes, ripping it open and taking a few in his palm. Ed's attention was on Colin now, and Thom was eyeing him like a hawk.

With a glance between Thom and Ed, he ate the grapes with no problems. Or, it seemed that way.

"Yeah ... Great. I love grapes. Tastes great.. Real great. It's so.. great tasting!" Colin said with a big, wide smile on his face while taking the rest of the grapes and trying to sneak them on the ground.

Thom and Ed exchanged looks, and he held up his side of this silly bargain. He pushed the paper bag to Ed, and he took it quick. Ed really seemed to enjoy the turkey sandwiches at least.

With lunch being over, the students returned to the gymnasium. There was only about twenty minutes before transition, so the boys spent it chatting it up and hanging out in the locker room doing normal activities.

Though, Colin had to separate from the trio when it was time for transition. Turns out, Thom and Ed had the same period to end the day off, much to their awesome luck. Thom had mixed feelings about it. It was the first day he was getting to know these guys, and so far, it was going great. Ed is where the mixed feelings come in. He can't say anything for sure because he wants to trust that Ed isn't some douchebag, but it's not like he really knew him. Thom knew that there is much more to learn about his new friends. He thought Ed was a simple, weird guy. Sure, he's dorky but, to his very surprise, he was actually a bit smarter than he let on.

Thom and Ed had literature for their last period. In Ed's opinion, it was a great way to end the day. Simple reading, writing, and word-learning. How awesome is that?

They both say together in class working on an assignment given by their teacher: Mr. Brahm.

Who Am I?