Chapter 3

It was a long and windy night. The atmosphere had changed as silence took over.

There's no sign of Jamie's since he left the mansion. I went to the balcony and stargazing. Something came across my mind. The invitation!

"Oh my god! How can I forgot about it?"

"Charles Mendes" I mutter under my breath.

He's giving me a trouble. I rolled my eyes. This was a deal with the devil, I slapped my forehead as I realised there's only 1 hour left. I rushed to the toilet and took a quick shower.

Gladly it took 15 minutes. I exhaled in relief. I looked to my wardrobe and thinking what to wear. Took steps to my closet slowly and opened it. My eyes was locked to this long white lacey dress. I decided to wear it as it suits with my mood today.

After that, I wore the dress and checked myself on the mirror. Perfect.

Then I continued with my make up. I applied a minimal amount of make up. I wore my red lipstick and eyeliner. I don't need mascara as I already had thick eyelashes. Once I finished with my make up, I grabbed my jewellery box. I chose to wear my favourite square-shape diamond earring and love-shape diamond ring that Jamie's gave me. Done.

Finally I took my purse and my diamond caoted heels and wear it. I went to the garage and got inside my audi car and ready to meet my boss, Charles Mendes.

As I arrived infront of the restaurant, it's already 7:25. I walked to the restaurant entrance and took a deep breath. It's really quite eventhough there's many people in the restaurant. Many eyes were staring at me, I continued to walk and saw Mr. Mendes at the VIP place in black suit.

He saw me looking at him and waved his hand to me. Those dark-silver eyes always attracted me. There's a mystery in those eyes. I walked confidently to him.

I pulled up the chair and looking at him. He looked up to me and examined me from my hair to my toes. I clear my throat and sat down. He's relaxing his muscular body as he leaned his body against the chair. His dirty-blonde hair was comb perfectly. Those lip was wet and red. His jaw line was beautiful. He's a beautiful creature that God had created. I watched him too long till then he tapped his shoes on the floor causing me to jump up from my chair.

I put my right hand on my chest. Charles raised his eyebrow and looked at me blankly. I cursed him silently.

'Can hear that you're cursing me, Kath" he started the conversation. I started to freak out as he knew that.

"Oh no Charles no I mean Mr. Mendes"

"Don't lied, I knew it from how you said it, I'm good in lip reading"

"You must be mistaken"

"No I'm not and I'm good in psychology. You cannot lie to me, your body language had tell me everything"

Lastly, I chose to shut my mouth. Charles was good in talking. What a creep!

"You're engaged?" he looked at my ring. I stared him and then looked down to my ring.

"No, I'm not. It's a present from my boyfriend" I smiled.

"He must be a psycho"

I opened my mouth as I shocked with his answer. He shrugged.

"It's really rude to say something like that to your worker and it seems like you liked to interfere in someone affairs" I taunts.

Charles looked at me in anger. Then he looked at my lip. I felt nervous and my cheeks started to heat.