Chapter 2

It's already morning. Today was the day where I am going to work at the biggest company in my town. I took my towel and walking to the bathroom and singing.

30 minutes later...

After I finished with my shower, as usual i went to my closet. I took my white blouse, soft blue vest and high waisted knee length skirt. Then, I dried my hair.

"What should I do with my hair?" I'm asking myself. I pouted.

I had many ideas but still I haven't got any. Should I go with high ponytail? Simple braid? Curly? Or just let my hair straight? Yes! Let it straight. I comb my hair softly.

I started to check my face. My blue sapphire eyes always bright like usual, my long straight blonde hair was comb perfectly, I checked on my smooth red lip and lastly... I am satisfied with everything. Now I must go to see Jamie.

I went to his bedroom but he's not there. But there's a note on his bed.

Dear Kath

I had to go early. I am sorry for not waking you up and waited for you. There was an urgent problem in my office. I left your car key in your purse. It's all your.

Love Jamie.

I carved a smile after reading his letter. I proceed to check my purse. Then... It's really there. My car key. It's an audi 8 key. I felt relieved.

I went downstairs and walked to the entrance. Guess what? My car was ready infront of me. So I opened the door to my car and get in. I started the engine and drive safely.

After a long journey, I arrived at my office. It's a really tall building and it looks exotic. Goosebumps hit me. Welcome to the whole new world Kath!

I opened my black sunglasses and grabbed my briefcase. I walked confidently to the reception table.

"Hello miss, may I helped you?" a brunette girl asked me. I smiled to her.

"Yes, I'm a new director manager to this company" I paused. "So I need to see your boss, Mr. Mendes" I told her.

She nodded her head. She told me how to get to meet him at his office. Okay... Take the elevator to the 11th floor and asked his secretary where was Mr. Mendes room. Noted.

I am nervous as I took the elevator. So I pushed the button to close the elevator door but... It's opened back.

"Whoa! What a rude man!" anger started to control me. I raised my eyebrow and showing him that there's no mercy for him. He looked at me as he confused with how I showed my attitude.

"What were you staring at? I took this elevator first so... You got to out from here" I glare at him. Without I realised, I had drawn into his dark-silver eyes. He walked to me slowly but in the same the elevator door had closed. Nervous? Yes I am.

I stepped back as he came up o me. I can feel the wall of the elevator. Now what? I'm stucked. Shoot!

He put his both hand to the wall.I'm feeling like I wanted to examine him. Dirty-blonde hair, well tone skin, perfect jawline, muscular body, his abs and pecs can be seen through his tight black long sleeve. Oh no! I saw a smile grew on his face. I get flustered as I got back to reality. I cannot stop cursing.
I faced him eventhough I can feel heat on my cheeks.

"Isn't it rude to talk to someone like that? This elevator can be used by people in this building including me! You can used the stairs if you don't want to share!" he taunts.

As I wanted to speak, the elevator had reached to 11th floor. I started to get annoyed by his answers. Who was he? A normal worker? Let's see if he's brave to say anything like that again when he knew who am I.

I walked out from the elevator leaving him behind. I keep on cursing under my breath. I hoped he will stumbled and ruined his handsome face. Jerk!

So I continued to walk to the reception table again. Now I met his secretary. I felt glad eventhough I'm still mad.

This was it. I took a deep breath and started a conversation.

"Miss--" she cuts me off. "Miss Kathrina right?" she asked me. I nodded.

"Mr. Mendes told me that he will came up so late so I think it would be good if you can waited for him at his office" she smiled.

What? I thought I'm the one who's late. The secretary showed me his office and I took my seat on the black leather sofa. It's really comfortable. The room was elegant. The wall was well painted. It's black with white stripe. An expensive art were hung on the wall. The atmosphere was calm. It's feeling like I'm in my room. Nice taste Mr. Mendes.

"Your unacceptable manners makes me wants to change my mind lady" a voice came from back. I am getting nerve now. His voice was like a storm and making my heart beating fast. What was this feeling? Weird.

I turned my head around. Again. I met this man for once again.

"What were you doing here normal boy? Isn't it rude to speak to your managing director like that?" I taunts. He raised his eyebrow and clapping his hand.

"Bravo!" he paused.

A knock on the door from outside had stopped our conversation. We've both looking to the door.

It's the secretary.

"Apologize me Mr. Mendes, I told her to wait for you in your office and she's Miss Kathrina Holl, the new managing director in our company" she spoke.

WoW! I dropped my jaw as soon as I realised what I've done to him. He's my boss? I wished someone can killed me now. I would rather dead from facing this embarassment. I hit my head with my knuckle for 3 times.

He told his secretary to leave us alone.

Should I apologized to him? Duh.. Kath! Yes! You should!

"Mr. Mendes I am so sorry! I didn't meant to do that to you" I spoke as fastest as I can. He smirked. Oh! My ego started to control me but I still can get away from it.

Mr. Mendes walked to his table and took his seat. He told me to seat first. I just followed everything he told me to do. The atmosphere has changed. The tension had filled the room

"I will apologized you but if you're willing to accept my invitation" he's suggesting something.

"An invitation? Date?" I dumbfounded.

He laughed as I said 'date'. Oh my god! What happened to me? How can I be so stupid infront of him?

"A date? Me dating you? Jackass! I won't date you! You little reckless!" he's being sarcastic.

"I just want to know more about you cause you're the new managing director in this company. I won't date any girls in this company including you! You're just a pathetic in my eyes!" he smirked.

What the fuck is wrong with him? What kind of boss was he? He's really challenging my patience.

"Okay! I will accepted your invitation" I challenged him.

He nodded his head.

"See you at De'Viante restaurant at 7:30 p.m and for now you can do your work" he's faking his smile.

How I wished I want to slap that handsome face but hey! I just knew that he's a d*ck. I walked to the door and closed it.

I've never cursed anyone before but Mr. Mendes had make me cursed him. Now I saw a board.

Mr. Charles Mendes

I groaned. I continued to swear. Let's see I had planned something. Payback.

Vote and comment. Please follow me. Thank you. It would be great if you give any feedback.

xoxo