Chapter 20

I stared at the ceiling. I could hear my brothers, breathing deeply, still asleep.

Well, everyone except Nash. He'd slipped away at some point, presumably to Libby's room.

The sad thing is, pretty much all of us, (once again excluding Nash), have a hard time sleeping.

Being with each other means we all got a full nights sleep.

Once again.

I think our family's a little messed up.

I heard Jameson's breaths start to get a little faster.

He was awake.

Deciding that I was too bored to stay still any longer, I got out of my sleeping bag and stood up.

In case anyone is wondering, yes, I was wearing a onesie.

Xander gave it to me, what was I supposed to do?

Jameson followed my lead as Grayson started stirring.

Xander, of course, didn't even move. He's a surprisingly deep sleeper.

"Good morning!" I called out, stretching out the good.

I walked over to the coffee machine, starting to make a large brew. We'd all gotten around three hours of sleep. Let's just say...

That was a very fun truth-or-dare game.

A few hours later, I was starting to get extremely bored.

Jameson, Avery, and Xander were at school. Apparently Avery had also gotten the third degree from Alisa.

Also, Thea was going to move in.

While the others might be a little wary, I wasn't.

We got along great.

Actually, that might be why they're wary.

Last time we were in the same place for an extended period...

People may or may not have ended up in tears.

It's wasn't on purpose!

Anyways, she was arriving really soon.

Drama time.

I'm also thinking about going to the Black Wood later.

Don't worry, I'll take Theo. It's not like anything will happen.

——————

I sat at the table, my mouth watering. In honor of Thea, Mrs. Laughlin had made a whole feast. Three different types of crème brûlée made my mouth water.

Avery seemed to notice how this had been pulled out for Thea and not her.

"Thea." Zara spoke. "How is field hockey?"

"We're undefeated." Thea's voice was proud. I held out my hand, giving her a high five.

She was sitting next to me, her body tilted towards Avery as she spoke.

"Have you decided which sport you'll be playing, Avery?"

Avery hadn't.

"I don't do sports."

I snorted, causing Zara to give me a look.

"Everyone at Country Day does sports." Xander informed her. He stuffed his mouth with the roast beef. I couldn't blame him, it tasted good. "It is an actual, real requirement and not a figment of Thea's delightfully vindictive imagination."