Chapter 001

Ichika's currently rehearsing her script for her upcoming lead role in a drama series. Suddenly, she heard someone knocking on the door, which startled her a bit. She opens the door to see Sakuta wearing his casual white shirt and deadpan face. Ichika smiles, “Evening, teach~ I was just wondering when you'd show up.” Sakuta says, “I accidentally stepped on a poop on my way here. Sorry for the delay.”

Sakuta then darts his eyes on her massive chest. He says out loud, “How amazing it'd be if you took your clothes off.” Ichika pinches him on the cheeks and says sternly, “That wasn't good, Sakuta. Anyway, you may come in now.” Her demeanor immediately shifts into a friendly one. Sakuta rubs his aching cheek and whines, “I was just curious.”

They met by chance. The Nakano Sisters transferred to Asahiyama High School due to some unfortunate circumstances that happened in their previous school. However, their grades weren't exactly remarkable, to say at least. Their father decided to hire the five best-ranking students of Asahi, who are also considered a bunch of outcasts of the entire school, to guide his daughters with their studies.

The Quintuplets protested against the whole ordeal, but after some persuasion, they decided to pursue their studies more diligently. Since then, their relationship blossomed into something genuine.

Ichika says, “Right, I'm going to take a bath first.” Sakuta jumps in surprise as she says that. She peeks back and glares at him, “No peeking.” Sakuta composes into determination and says, “Don't worry. I can fill myself up with just the sound of the shower.” Ichika narrows her eyes suspiciously as she points out the door.

Sakuta says, “Huh? Did the magnificent Kana Hanazawa tell her tutor to agonize outside? Wouldn't that be so out of character for someone who’s an example of a mature woman?” Ichika shyly replies, “I-it's not like that! More importantly, try not to do anything weird while I'm at it!” Sakuta curiously asks, “Anything weird?” Ichika blushes, “Idiot! I don't care!” She slams the door shut. Sakuta chuckles, “She was cute just now.”

Sakuta begins to dial a number as the phone speaks itself, “Hello?” He says, “Kaede, it's me.” Kaede asks, “Big brother?” Sakuta says, “Sorry, but I won't make it tonight. I'm having my tutoring gig with Ichika.” Kaede says, “Ichika? Are you with big sister Ichika right now?” Sakuta smiles, “You can have instant noodles in the kitchen cupboard for dinner. Bear with me here.” Kaede replies, “Okay, big bro—”

Suddenly, the power shuts off and everything goes dark. Ichika can be heard shrieking from the bathroom. Sakuta quickly jolts from his seat and exclaims, “Ichika! Are you okay?!” Ichika replies, “I-I'm okay! What happened?!” Sakuta says, “Seems like the power went off. Shouldn't it be back right now?”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

A blood-curdling shriek echoes from outside. Sakuta immediately bursts out of the room. His eyes widened at the site. There's a woman on the floor while a man is on top of her. Sakuta yells, “HEY! GET OFF OF HER, YOU FILTHY BASTARD!” As Sakuta approaches them, he’s suddenly taken aback, purely in shock.

Views popping out. Blood dribbled from his mouth. Violent eyes. Growling like a beast.

Sakuta stutters, “T-the fuck?” The man slowly ascends to his feet. Sakuta jumps back in fear when he finally budges. The man proceeds to chase after him as Sakuta sprints back to the room.

Ichika tilts her head in confusion as Sakuta locks the door and puts on a chair as a barricade. She asks, “What happened? Is everything all right?” Sakuta slowly turns his head and utters in disbelief, “Zombies…” Ichika lets out a nervous chuckle and says, “Seriously, though. What's going on?”

Suddenly, they heard a loud explosion. Sakuta heads out onto the balcony and then freezes on the spot. Ichika joins him out of curiosity as both are completely speechless.

The city is in total shambles. Burning buildings. Traffic collisions. Thousands of aimless beasts running rampantly. Tears dribble on Ichika's eyes as her legs plunge on the floor. Sakuta stood frozen, terrified. This current predicament only happens in fiction. However, this is real life we're talking about!

Ichika says, “I-I have to go…” As she's about to head off, Sakuta holds her by the shoulders and says, “Wait a minute. Are you insane?! Don't you see what's happening right now?!” Ichika sniffles, “ I-I need my sisters… I need to see them…” Sakuta says, “Ichika, we don't know what's happening out there! How are you going to save them?” Ichika shakes her head and sniffles, “I-I don't know… but I have to try.”

Sakuta holds her still as she tries to break free from his restraints. He raises his voice, “LISTEN TO ME, ICHIKA! There’s nothing we can do about it! You'll die out there trying! I need you to calm down for a second! Please!”

Ichika breaks into tears as Sakuta puts her in an embrace. He kisses her on the forehead to soothe her and says, “I promise we'll get through this. We'll find them. I need you to bear with me here.” She meets his eyes and nods reluctantly, “O-okay…”

===

28 Days Later
Somebody is knocking at the door. Ichika quickly opens it and sees Sakuta carrying two jugs of water and a pack of canned goods. She helps him carry them to the kitchen and asks, “Any luck?” Sakuta shakes his head and replies, “Not a single human being.” Ichika frowns, “I guess we should try again tomorrow.”

Days have passed since the outbreak, and they've searched the entire building for survivors to no avail. Luckily, they found enough supplies to keep them stable. They also tried reaching the others to no response. The power hasn't returned either.
All hope seemed bleak for the duo till they discovered something crucial about the zombies. They appeared to be vulnerable to the sunlight as the duo used this discovery to their advantage. They explored the entire barren city, searching for survivors, more supplies, and others as well.

“DAMN IT, YOU HACHIMAN!”

To be continued…