♡Chapter 21♡

Princess Lia's POV:

I can't believe it! My sister is back! My heart basically jumped out of my body once Lucy told me the news. We've been looking for her. for weeks now, and I'm just so happy now that we could spend time with her again! Luke is back too. He was gone for a day, and we thought he would end up like my sister, but Peter found them. He's still resting in his room, but he had a lot of bruises and cuts all around his body. I hope he's okay.

*Clatter!*

Speaking of Luke, what is he doing here in the kitchen? Oh! Maybe he's hungry? I don't know if he ate lunch already. "Oh, hey Lia." He gave me a small smile. He looks tired, but he still manages to look that good. Dang! "Hi. Are you hungry?" I smiled back. "Kind of. I didn't eat lunch yet. I passed out earlier, and I decided I wanted to rest first." He said, looking through the cabinets. "I could make you some soup if you'd like." I offered. I don't want him to move too much since he was injured. "There's no need. I'm just going to eat some packed nuts." He acquired a bag of nuts. "Oh, come on. I can't let you eat that! You need a proper meal to fill your stomach. Look at you, you're covered in bruises! Your body needs some strength!" I took the nuts away from him, putting them back in the cupboard. He didn't say anything in response. He may be too tired to even engage this conversation with me.

"Where is that apron?" I mumbled to myself. "It's this what you're looking for?" He handed me a pink apron. I guess he heard me looking for that. "Yes. Thank you." I took the apron, and smiled at him again. Ugh, what are you doing to me, oh handsome Prince? "So are you going to make that soup or are you going to stare at me the whole day?" He smirked. No! Why did he have to look that gorgeous that it made me stare at him? Wipe that smirk off of your face mister! I might collapse from that handsome face of yours! "Soup! Right, the soup." I rushed to get the ingredients, while feeling the blush covering my cheeks.

Prince Luke's POV:

I'm sitting down on a chair in the castle kitchen, watching this gorgeous Princess make soup for me. Gosh, she was so adorable blushing like that when I handed her the apron. Now, she's making tomato soup for me. She looks so perfect. She had her hair tired up in a bun, some stands framing her face perfectly. The sunlight shining on her face making her glow like a fairy. Geez, she's making me go insane.

I remember all of the interactions we've had for the past few weeks. When we went for a stroll in the courtyard, the time we picked flowers in the garden, when we looked for clues in the library, when we sat next to each other every meal, everything. Okay, I'm not going to deny it anymore. Princess Lia Regalhelm, I'm officially falling in love with you.

"Here you go. Homemade soup, made by yours truly." She set the bowl down on the table, making me snap out of my thoughts. "Thank you." I took a spoonful of the soup, and put it into my mouth. "Well? How is it?" She had her hands clasped together, probably hoping for me to say it tastes good. It really does. It tastes amazing actually, but I'm in the mood for a bit of teasing. "What is this? Are you sure it's tomato you put in here?" I make a disgusted face. I hope she buys my little act. "You, you don't like it?" She was frowning now. Okay, I regret that, I need to stop. It pains me seeing her be sad. But I'll admit, she looks so cute frowning like that. "No, I don't like it. I love it! Don't worry I was just kidding, this actually tastes amazing." I laughed a bit. "Hey! I actually thought you didn't like it." She pouted. She has no idea how much I want to give those lips a little kiss. Whoa, what was that Luke? You better stop it! That's not how a Prince should think! Snap out of it!

"It's your turn to stare now, huh?" She raised her eyebrow, suddenly growing rather playful. Oh, you want to do this, Princess? Game on. "Of course I would stare. You look ravishing, love." I took her right hand, and placed a kiss on her soft skin. "You better get in line, Prince Luke. You aren't the only one trying to pursue me." She went closer to my face, and tapped my nose. "Well, I bet I'm the only one who could do this." I stood up from the chair, placing my hands on the table, trapping her body between my arms. "I've been waiting for this for too long, Princess. I like you. I've liked you since I first laid my eyes on you. And no, it's not just because you're beautiful, but also because you are so caring. You are so kind, and so sweet. Honestly, no words could describe how amazing you are as a person. And nothing could ever stop me from liking you. Wait, you know what? I take that back. Like is an understatement. I love you, Princess Lia." I confessed. This is it. I can't hide my feelings any longer.

Author's POV:

The two royals stared at each other for a few seconds. Princess Lia was more than ecstatic to hear the Prince's confession. She too loved the Prince, and now she has the chance to prove it.

"Well, took you long enough." And with that, the Princess closed her eyes, and pressed her lips against the Prince's. Her hands were placed perfectly on the sides of his face, and his arms were wrapped around her waist. The two of them fit each other like a puzzle. One would never be complete without the other. "Gosh, I love you even more now." Prince Luke connected their foreheads together. Princess Lia giggled at that.

"Lia, have you seen my–" Another Princess seemed to have witnessed the sight of the two. "Oh, have I interrupted something? Yup, I think I did. I could ask you my question later, you two keep doing what you're doing." Princess Lucy teasingly smiled at her sister, and left the two alone.

"Geez, I hate it when she pops up randomly like that." Princess Lia rolled her eyes at the thought of her sister ruining their moment. "I can relate. Sam has the same hobby." Prince Luke chuckled, and kissed the Princess' cheek.