PREFACE

ultraviolet bruce wayne 𝘹 fem!oc© WANDARYEN ──── 2024

ultraviolet
bruce wayne 𝘹 fem!oc
© WANDARYEN ──── 2024

She looked up at him with a shimmer in her eyes that she swore she lost when getting morphed into a different universe. She was convinced that the happiness that was once inside of her wouldn't make its return as long as she was stuck in Gotham City. She was meant to be part of a reality where the sun shines and the evil that lurked around the corner wasn't strong enough to make her bleed.

He grew more concerned about her wellbeing as each day went by. But Jesus Christ he didn't want her to leave.

Their story was coming to an end and she had the choice to either return home or stay with him as they continued to work side by side to fight crime in Gotham.

If she left and things gradually got worse — he would need her but have no idea where to find her.

For now he would just have to accept all the possibilities and endless changes. The last few seconds with her was what was going to keep him alive.

She brushed her lips against his cheek. He savored the soft feeling as if he was being electrocuted from a sudden burst of energy.

They stood on the construction level of the highest building in Gotham. One last final goodbye before she disappeared from his life — he wasn't sure for how long. The idea alone made his stomach ache.

Gwen pulled her mask over her face, flashing him one last cheeky grin before allowing her body to fall backwards into the open city below. Her movement was graceful as her arms stretched outwards and her head tilted backwards to accept the gravity of earth.

The corner of his lips tugged upwards. He had grown used to her carelessness and free spirited nature. Gwen throwing herself off buildings was no longer a surprise for him and he'd grown quite fond watching her fly through the air.

She swung herself from building to building with her spiderwebs to keep her from crashing to the ground. Each shift through the air was just as elegant as the last.

He took one step off the edge of the building and followed her straight out into the open.

Bruce opened his bat wings the moment she extended a web to catch herself. Both of them flying side by side with the residents of Gotham looking up towards the heavens.

The bat and the spider.