one

ultraviolet
bruce wayne 𝘹 fem!oc
© WANDARYEN ──── 2024

The first thing I heard was the pitter patter of the rain. Next was my breathing which was erratic.

I slowly raised myself off the flooring I was currently preoccupying with my body. I slowly raked my gaze along myself out of fear that I might be missing a few pieces considering how I left. I was still wearing my suit and my mask was ironically laying beside me on the ground.

I quickly curled my fingers around the white mask and held it close to my chest. I tried to use my basic senses to gather information about my current location.

I squinted my eyes hard enough to make out that I was currently in a building still under construction. There were no walls and plenty of tools left behind from workers in the day time. I could hear the wind from the rain hit against the plastic tarp that was draped over something off towards the corner of the empty room.

Although I was still wearing my suit, I knew that I was wet. My hair was sticking to my neck and the side of my cheek that I must've slept on.

The smell was —- particularly different. It smelt of gasoline, sewers, and money that wasn't owned by Tony Stark.

The area reminded me of New York.

I quickly twisted my neck to gaze out towards the opening and near the city. The tall buildings all lit up and a train shooting by on a high platform.

It felt darker than my home — a more sinister feeling settled in my gut.

How was I home but in a completely different space at the same time? Was this what the city comes to when forgetting about Peter Parker?

Even that seemed overly dramatic.

I slowly lifted myself off the ground and walked carefully towards the edge of the building. My eyes flickered across the scenery until I came across some kind of sigil floating in the sky. Reflecting off a light from a different building — it took shape of a bat.

"Who are you."

I spun around with a short gasp as a dark voice drove me towards the direction of the tarp in the corner. A large figure slowly appeared from behind the plastic but there still wasn't any light bright enough to see who it was.

I didn't bother to put my mask on and try to shield myself from the stranger. He already saw my face — no doubt the one to catch me while I was free falling through the sky.

"Where am I?" I challenged back, not taking my eyes off the stranger. "How did I get here?"

Silence.

I carefully tilted my head and narrowed my eyes at the shadowy figure. "You're not — anybody that I recognize. What's your name? Or what do you go by?"

More silence.

What a stubborn person — alien?

"My name is — uhm," I countered the thought carefully. How much information was I willing to give? They've already seen my face but does that mean they have to know my name? They're being secretive as well. "They call me ghost spider."