Savages

A/N: Sorry not sorry for that last cliffhanger :)

Hot.

So fucking hot.

That was Adam's first thought when he watched a live performance by some sexy chick named Verosika Mayday or something. He reached for another cookie as he watched her dance from his spot on the couch. Damn.

She wasn't just sexy, though. She sang really well. We could make a pretty banging duet, Adam thought to himself. Man, he missed his guitar, and even the cut on his finger had healed. It felt weird not to have any.

"Baby I'm not over it...but I'm over you," Verosika sang, tossing her baby pink hair over her shoulder.

Adam rolled his eyes at that line. So fucking cringe. How the fuck do you get over someone if you can't get over what they did to you? His thoughts drifted to Lilith, and how she had left him all those years ago. And then Eve, who had left him at Lucifer's bidding . Women suck.

Why did Lilith come back to Hell anyway? I thought she was happy with our deal. Adam wondered. Then he let out a groan and put a pillow over his face. Typical. I gave the bitch a spot in Heaven, and I still couldn't make her happy.

"Sometimes it still hurts a bit. Sometimes I'm so full of shit." The TV sang at him. At least, it felt directed at him.

Adam groaned, the pillow still on his face. "Shut up, Verosika." He whined, pressing the pillow harder into his face. Maybe if I stop breathing I'll die and go to Heaven. He let out a sigh, now feeling thoroughly depressed. His head hurt. Is the headache from the vodka or Lilith? Probably both.

He stood up, tossing the pillow aside, and made his way over to the bar. Husk had told him that he keeps Advil under the counter for when the residents were hungover. Adam found himself feeling somewhat attached to the grumpy cat demon. He always let Adam complain, even though Adam was an angel who had lived as a Winner his whole life, and Husk was just a demon bartender. Whenever they shared a drink, they were both just people.

After taking a few pills, Adam walked over to the window. He glanced outside at the bright red sky. It was somewhat soothing. The sky in Heaven was blinding, too bright for comfort. Adam stared at the giant orb for a few minutes. Was it really better up there? Eve, Lilith, Lute...none of them gave a shit about him, did they? At least down here he had...friends? I guess. I wouldn't call them enemies anymore.

Adam went up to his room and flopped down on the bed. He turned on the TV and switched to the news channel. He had learned quickly that news in Hell was much more interesting than news in Heaven. There were always riots, disasters, or some other form of catastrophe. Today, the battle between the hotel residents and the Vees was the center of attention.

Bright images flashed across the screen and Adam gaped slightly as Niffty stabbed someone. "Fuck yeah!" He said, fist pumping the air. "Get 'em, bitch! Go for the balls!" He leaned forward, watching it like a football game.

Suddenly the camera cut to someone with a giant TV head. How drunk am I? He wondered. He watched as the screen-faced demon electrocuted Vaggie with his hands. She fell to the ground with a scream. "Boooo!" Adam called. "Samsung-looking ass."

Adam's heart sank when he saw Husk clutching a bleeding arm. It wasn't just him, either. The snake guy had a nasty cut on his chest. Even Lucifer looked tired. They were clearly starting to struggle. Adam felt his heart stop for a second. Wait...where the fuck is the princess? His eyes darted around the screen frantically. Charlie was nowhere to be seen. Shit.