6. I like chocolate

“Tanya,” Peter said carefully. “I don't think you're going to get any service.”

“You think I don't know that?” She yelled in a strangled voice that caused us all to stop and stare at her.

“I'm sorry, it's just…I'm tired okay? How are you all acting normal? We're in the middle of a forest that we can't seem to find a way out of, with people we barely know. Our families and friends are probably looking for us, we've been missing for almost two days! My legs are aching, my clothes are filthy and I'm so hungry. I don't know, maybe it's just me. And now you're all looking at me like I'm some spoiled brat! And maybe I am…but I don't care.”

Then she pushed past Peter and started to run.

“Hey!” I called out.

“Tanya!” Peter screamed and ran off after her.

I let out a sigh and sat down on the ground, with my legs crossed and my head in my palms.

“You okay?” Michelle asked in her small voice.

“I'm…fine.”

“You sure?”

I heard her plop herself on the ground next to me.

“Are any of us really fine?”

She didn't answer.

“I think Tanya spoke for all of us.” I turned to look at her. “I mean, I don't know about you.”

She looked down and nodded as she plucked the weeds beneath her.

“She spoke for all of us.” It was silent for a few minutes before she spoke up.

“Do you think…should we go after them?”

I shrugged. She got up.

“C’mon Larry. Get up, let's go find them. Peter might help you guys to get out of here.”

With a sigh, I got up and we walked down the path. Fortunately, we hadn't gone far when we saw the two of them walking back towards us.

Tanya looked fine, just a little bit annoyed and Peter seemed…relieved. I think we all were.

“Everything’s fine. Tanny's just a little upset but besides that we're great! Let's turn around and go on.” I blinked at him.

“Don't call me that.”

“Sorry.”

We resumed on our way, walking to God knows where in silence. I couldn't help but think about Peter and Tanya and what they were to each other. They could possibly be dating. But I didn't care about that. They were just a funny pair.

The portion of the woods that we were in had really dense trees and thick vegetation. I could still tell what time of the day it was, fortunately. Sometime in the afternoon.

I was really exhausted at a point and I was about to tell Peter that it would be great if we just took a break for some time before we continued on our way. But just then, I felt a raindrop land on my shoulder. And then a few more dropped on my head and slid down my face.

My heart sank. I was about pointing it out to the others but they figured it out soon enough.

“Um, guys…” Michelle started.

Ssi-bal! We know! We need to look for shelter or something,” I shreiked as more drops fell onto my clothes and hair and skin, each drop feeling like a sharp piece of ice was piercing into them.

“Ssi- what?” Peter asked

I waved it away and started to look around frantically for anything we could use or stay under before the rain came. I found nothing.