Mackenzie Backwood (New Jersey Devils)

"Mac you will do great tonight, I have faith in you!"

"Of course you do, you always say stuff like that even when I know that I'm going to suck tonight." He mumbled.

"HEY! I don't always say stuff like that! I only say that kind of stuff when I absolutely mean it and I mean this. They obviously have faith that you wont suck tonight because they put you as the starting goalie tonight, right?"

As he glanced over at me in the passenger seat he took my hand and smiled for the first time in a while. I felt a wave of relief wash over me.

When we got to the Prudential Center Mac let out a breath and asked you "Do you really think that I can do this tonight?"

"Yes I do! But you can't do this unless you start believing in yourself, that's the only way that this is going to work, okay" He leaned over and kissed you and mumbled an okay against your lips.

"Now get in there get ready and kick ass tonight!"

When I got into the arena you went to find some of the WAGs and ended up bumping into Cory Schneider's wife Jill.

"I was just looking for you"

"Me? What for?"

"I wanted to ask you a question, you and Cory started dating before he was drafted right?"

Jill looked at you like you had ten heads, "Yes, where are you going with this?"

"What was Cory like before his first NHL game?"

"He was so nervous, and he really doubted himself."

"How did you handle it?"

"It was not easy at all, I spent 3 hours trying to talk him out of it."

"Please tell me it worked!"

"Is Mac nervous?"

"Ya" I laughed

"Well, once the game starts I'm sure he will his grove and he will play great"

"Thank you"

"I think that you needed to be calmed down more than Mac!"She laughed

"Hey! I could only stay calm for so long and as long as Mac wasn't around to see it"

"Don't worry I was in your shoes once I know the feeling, are you going to come and sit with the WAGs for the game tonight? Because you totally should."

"As much as I want to I think that I'm going to sit in my normal spot"

"Hey depending in where your sitting I could see if I could sit with you if you want?"

"You don't have to do that if you don't want to."

"I offered because I want to, and I remember how I acted and you're acting just like I did, trust me when I say this, you are going to want someone to sit with that you know."

"Sure"

"Lets go get a ticket."

**DURING THE GAME**

I was shaking like a leaf. During the first intermission Jill asked me, "What make these seats so important to you?"

"When Mac played in Barrie he could always see me in this seat at both ends of the arena. He would always look at me during warm ups and the game. He said one night that it always felt better having me there, sitting in that seat because it always gave him confidence, that he loved hearing me cheer during the game because he could always hear me and no matter what end of the ice he as at he could see me reassuring him or giving him a smile."

"That is the cutest thing ever!"

"You really think so?"

"Yes!

It was finally the end of the third and the Devils where up by two and there was 10 seconds left in the third period.

"10"

"9"

"8"

"7"

"6"

"5"

"4"

"3"

"2"

"1"

"DEVILS WIN AND MACKENZIE BLACKWOOD GETS HIS FIRST SHUT OUT AND WIN IN HIS FIRST EVER NHL GAME!"

"See I told you he would do fine and find is grove!"

"AND WITH YOUR SECOND STAR OF THE GAME, NUMBER 29 FROM THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS MACKENZIE BLACKWOOD!"

"(Y/N), lets go down to the dressing rooms."

After a very long wait finally Mac came out and you gave him a giant hug, "See I told you that you could do it." you whispered in his ear

"Thank you for believing in me"

"I always have"