Heart sparked

Chapter 1

I was stocking a bulk of Coca-Colas in the cooler when I glanced over at a group of girls nearby. One of them caught my eye; her gaze seemed to pierce right through me, making my heart skip a beat. When she noticed me staring, she quickly turned her head away. Embarrassment flooded through me. I had never been the type to look at a woman so openly in public, especially not in my home country.

My elder brother, Yad, called me over to the front entrance of the wedding venue to greet the guests. The hall was filled with British Kurds who had traveled for the celebration. As I was shaking hands with one of my grandfather's friends, I felt someone's eyes on me. It was the girl I had been staring at earlier.

"Excuse me," she said, her voice soft and melodic. Our eyes met again, and I felt a strange, tingling sensation in my chest. "Do you know where the bathroom is?" she asked with a hint of a British accent. It was clear she was visiting from England.

Trying not to embarrass myself, I attempted to respond in my best English, even though I felt self-conscious. "Um, yes—it's right over there." I pointed in the general direction of the bathrooms, but my poor sense of direction must have shown, as she looked even more confused.

"Let me show you," I offered, deciding to walk her there. As we strolled together, she asked where I was from.

"I'm from Sweden, visiting here for the wedding," I replied.

"I'm from Leeds in England," she said, then paused with a playful smile. "But I meant, what city are you from?"

Her teasing caught me off guard, and I couldn't help but chuckle. "Oh, I see. Well, let's just say I'm a bit landless," I joked.

She laughed, a sound as warm as her smile. We reached the bathroom door, and I left her there with a nod, continuing to mingle with the guests. But I couldn't shake the thought of her. I found myself scanning the room, hoping to see her again.

Later, I spotted her once more, but she was with her father. I hesitated, unsure if I should approach, so I decided to keep my distance.

---

Let me know if u want more this is js a teaser it's not that great js want to know how this writing apps Works 🫶🫶🫶