Chapter 3

Two Years Later

A man walked down the darkened alleys of LA. As he was walking he shook a little bit. It wasn't cold, it was the middle of summer. He was a druggie and he was on his way to see his supplier. As his feet carried him his arms twitched a bit. His fingers continued to scratch at his skin. He looked down one of the back streets to see a man leaning up against a wall. A smile tugged at his lips, it was his dealer.

He walked down the street making his way towards the man. Reaching into the pocket of his jeans he pulled out his money. He came up to the man who just looked at him. Handing the dealer the money he watched as the man counted it. A wave of relief washed over the druggie as he was passed a bag full of a white powder.

Suddenly a spotlight hit them causing them both to turn. An unmarked police car sat at the end of it. Before either could run another car pulled up effectively trapping them in the alley. The druggie threw his hands up and surrendered but the dealer pulled out a pistol.

"Put it down kid, that won't help you" a man said as two cops started walking towards them. Two cops, one from each vehicle.

"Fuck you" the man said his gun moving between both cops.

"What do we have here partner?" One asked coming to a stop.

"One druggie who's a fucking coward and another who's only acting tough cause he's got a gun" the other cop said looking around at them.

"What the fuck are you two talking about?" The dealer asked looking between them. He turned the gun to the cop on his left. Turning back to the right he pointed his gun at nothing. Lowering the gun he looked around only to find the other cop missing. Suddenly his gun was pulled away from him and he found himself looking into a pair of hollow black eyes.

"Let's see how tough you truly are" the cop said revealing rows of triangular teeth.

"What the fuck are you?" The man gasped as the cop grabbed him by his throat.

"You wouldn't be able to understand. You're just some human" the officer growled in an inhuman voice. Suddenly he threw the man back sending him flying through the air.

The dealer slammed into the opposite brick wall. He bounced to the ground and groaned as he spat blood up. He rolled over to see the second cop standing next to the cop who just threw him. His eyes were wide when he saw two long canine teeth hanging from the man's mouth. He grabbed the druggie and pulled him up to his feet. Suddenly the man attacked sinking the long fangs into his neck.

The man screamed out in pain as he felt the blood gush out. It was flowing in streams. The bright crimson liquid filled the man's mouth and he drank it. He growled as he ripped his mouth away ripping out a hunk of flesh. That in turn caused blood to splash out across the ground. He pushed the druggie to the ground and watched as blood quickly pooled around his body.

"Now, its my turn" the first officer said looking at the dealer.

The man looked on in horror as suddenly his face started to deform. It looked as if his skin was melting off his body. His arms split into two more arms giving him a total of four. His legs fell from his body and a long scorpion like tail came from his body. A pair of bat like wings came out of his back. His face had clicking mandibles as well as having three eyes. One eye was on his forehead while the other two were where his human eyes were. They were hollow and black like a shark's eyes.

"What the fuck is going on?" The dealer screamed as he pushed himself up against the wall of the building.

"As I've said before mortal, you wouldn't be able to understand" the creature growled as it dropped onto its clawed hands.