Chapter 1

Prologue

Fireflies, to many they are just insects that hover through the air glowing. They are one of the few insects that produce their own natural light. They hover around, males flashing their lights quickly to attract females. Females flashing slowly to announce their presence.

For millions of people around the world the small glowing insects are the unofficial start of summer. Children rushing outside with empty jars in hopes to fill them. People sitting at lakes enjoying peaceful nights watching the small bugs as they light the night up.

My name is Jade West and it was on a night like that that I was found by my parents. I was found lost and abandoned in the woods of Hollywood California. Fireflies were lighting their way to me. Little did they know that the screaming baby they found in the woods laying in a collection of ferns was a fallen angel. I am one of the last of the ancient beings.

Of course I didn't know what I was until I turned sixteen. That's when I was introduced into a world I never knew of. I was shown to be a protector of humanity, meant to protect humans from the forces of darkness. I was supposed to protect them from werewolves, vampires, and demons. However I never realized two things. One; humans were the real threat, well some were. Two; that the love of my life would be a werewolf.

A lycanthrope by the name of Tori Vega. A woman, she is what makes me whole and fills my heart. She's the one I'm supposed to be with. We have both knocked on death's door for each other and no matter what we will lay our lives down for one another. Werewolves are the ones who are willing to either help humanity or try to destroy it. That's because unlike the vampires or demons they still have a soul.

It's hard being one of the last fallen angels. It's even harder that the one I love is a werewolf and a woman like I am. We have to face evil werewolves, the forces of darkness and the humans who want to catch us or kill us. Life is never easy, for me everything started when I was sixteen, eight years ago. This is my story, the story of a fallen angel.

XX

Jade sat on a tree stump her blue eyes were looking out into the dark woods. Fire flies flashed around her making her eyes dart around as she tracked each of them. Her black hair shined as the moon shined down on her. The bolt in her eyebrow gleamed as it caught the light of the moon.

She looked down to see a lightening bug on her wrist. Watching it closely her eyes followed it as it moved over her tattoo. It flashed lighting the star up. It flew off her wrist and past her head. She looked as it flew between her black feathered wings. They were stretched out, catching the wind a bit. The feathers fluttered a bit, however they were black, a trait of a fallen angel.

Her clothing was black as was her hair. She was a pale skinned girl. It fit well with her dark clothes and black wings. Just then a branch snapped nearby making her look. Her eyes scanned the darkened woods searching for the sourse of the sound. Just then a lycan melted from the darkness.

It was a brown furred werewolf. The fur was somewhat shaggy which caused it to flutter in the breeze as it blew around. Its ears were pointed and it had a long and narrow wolf like muzzle. Its eyes were a bright green with slit pupils that were locked onto her. As it walked its muscles rippled with each step of its backwards facing ankles. It had a tail that stuck straight out from the rump of the beast. It finally came to a stop in front of Jade and looked down at her.

Jade looked at the werewolf as it looked at her. She smiled a bit as the werewolf started to shrink. As it shrunk from being eight feet tall to five and a half feet tall, fur melted from its body. Left standing there was a nude latina who smiled brightly at Jade. This was Jade's love Tori Vega.