14

Mingi nodded weakly, straining again. Moving his body back and forth, he tried to reduce the pain. He didn’t know where the theory came from, maybe it was just a suggestion. But he would put any ridiculous suggestion in his head if it could really help ease his burden. The baby’s head moved more, and he succeeded. “Right?” Yunho said proudly.

“Uhhh...” But Mingi moaned softly, feeling a burning sensation at his bottom as the baby tore through his skin. Slowly, he managed to get the head out. This time he continued to push out the shoulders, one of the hardest parts. He strained with all his might until his face turned red.

“Argh!” He felt Yunho squeezing his buttocks before stretching his opening. Yunho was only trying to help make the process easier for Mingi. “Keep your hands below! Who will catch her if she falls, idiot! Nghhh...” Mingi snapped between his moans. He was most concerned about the safety of his baby at the moment.

“Stop talking so much. Your job here is just to push her out; that’s not too hard, right?”

“Really? Then why don’t you... hhh... s-swap places with me now?”

“Because carrying and delivering a baby is your destiny. You are destined to live in hardship and pain, you know?”

Yunho’s words did not motivate Mingi at all. He was angry. He wanted to stop. He thought Yunho had a point. Why should he be the one to endure all this? From the beginning, he hadn’t wanted another baby at his old age. Why did he still have to bear it?

Mingi hit the sofa desperately. His body nearly fell again to sit, but Yunho held his legs, pushing him forward to squat again. Mingi couldn’t fall now, he mustn’t. He had to use the remaining strength to hold his legs and his body, plus the fragile baby hanging between his legs.

“You just need to get the shoulders out, and then I’ll pull the rest of her out for you.”

“I already know that! You don’t have to say it like I don’t know anything!” Mingi had been stressed throughout the past five months of his pregnancy. He didn’t need more pressure while struggling to give birth. Yunho’s presence was making everything worse. What Mingi needed was calmness and verbal support, but sadly he wasn’t going to get it.

Mingi growled and roared with a loud scream as he gave his final push, exerting his greatest strength. The baby finally came into the world, along with the blood staining the floor. “Uhhh...” He moaned again as he felt Yunho pulling the placenta out of his body. He could finally sit now, on the cold, hard floor. No longer caring about the burning sensation at his bottom. It was already painful. Why not go all the way?

He panted. Turning his body to lean on the front of the sofa. And how shocked he was to see Yunho holding his baby in an inhuman manner. One hand gripping both of the baby’s ankles, turning the baby upside down. The baby, who did not cry, might be dead.

And Mingi watched as Yunho opened his mouth wide before shoving the tiny, innocent baby into his throat. Along with all of Mingi’s womb. Eating it, without a trace. Licking his blood-stained lips. He did it deliberately in front of Mingi’s eyes to destroy his psyche. To obliterate his soul.

And it worked. Mingi roared again, like a wolf howling after losing its child. He really didn’t know what kind of creature Jung Yunho was, to swallow such a thing whole without feeling pain. He really didn’t know. What he knew was that he had to run away from that demon as far as possible.

So Mingi quickly grabbed the tablecloth, knocking over and breaking the vase on it. Flowers and water spilled everywhere. He forced himself to stand and wrap the wide cloth around his lower body, tying it tightly. The pain in his body was outweighed by the fear. So he started running.