Chapter 6 (Written by Josh)

One of my little joys in life is sleeping in. I love being able to shut off the alarm clock and just sleep until I can sleep no more. Two days after our session at the studio, I just wanted to sleep...and dream...and imagine our song climbing up the charts.

But it was not to be. At about five-thirty in the morning, my phone began vibrating on the hotel nightstand. I groggily reached over and picked it up. I had to hold it about an inch from my face to see the screen; a consequence of my horrible eyesight without glasses or contacts. However, my vision was so blurry that I couldn't make out the name. So I answered it.

"Hello?" My voice was as thick as peanut butter.

"Hey, is this Josh?" It was a girl's voice. It sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it in my current state of mind.

"Uh...yeah. Who's this?"

The voice laughed. "It's Taylor!"

All sleepiness was instantly gone. I sat bolt upright in bed. "Taylor! Hey!" I fumbled for my glasses, despite the fact that it was only a telephone call. For some reason I wanted all my senses fully alert. "How...how are you?"

"Great, thanks! Sorry, did I wake you up?"

"No! No, of course not," I lied. "I...I'm an early riser."

She laughed again. "Well...I'm not. But I couldn't really sleep." She hesitated. I held my breath. What? What is it?

I took a deep breath, again trying not to jump to conclusions. "Is something wrong?"

"Well I...I was wondering if you wanted to meet for coffee or something later this afternoon."

Coffee?? With Taylor Swift??? The words of acceptance that sprang to my head were not nearly powerful enough to portray the intensity I felt over this proposal. I nodded my head vigorously. Then I remembered that she couldn't see me. "Yes! Of course! I mean...I would love to. I would really...really...really love to meet you...you, Taylor Swift...for coffee. It would...It would be...It would be a..." I had to pause for breath. "Yeah! I...I would love to!"

"Great!" She sounds excited! "How about one-thirty at the Starbucks across from the James Studio?"

"Sounds perfect!"

"Okay! I'll see you then." For some reason, I knew she was smiling.

Then again, I was smiling too. "See you then!"