Chapter 27

Their first night back, that special night Roseanne promised Lisa never actually happened.

Because Roseanne passed out in her chair around 8PM just after Sana and Seulgi left.

The exhaustion of the morning drive, then riding Louis and all the company and fun caught up with her in a big way.

Lisa pushed her home, then tucked her away into bed before spending almost ten minutes debating if she should stay or not.

She decided against it, not wanting to intrude on Roseanne's space - and went back to her room.

The next morning, she woke up to several text messages in various capital letters, upset that she wasn't there.

So a compromise was made.

As the sun starts to set, Lisa is making her way across the ranch with her hands full. She has a few clothes to sleep in and a little baggie with her toiletries for the night.

It feels rather silly, as if she's not just going about sixty yards from her own bedroom, but she's excited.

They didn't really talk about it for very long, the truth is that Roseanne can't stay in Lisa's room. There's no logical reason to carry her all the way upstairs for a night. Especially when she wouldn't have her chair with her and couldn't get downstairs on her own.

She's just more comfortable in her own space and Lisa is fine with that. In fact, Roseanne's bedroom feels more alive anyway and though the bed is smaller, she's convinced they'll be able to make it work.

It's as Roseanne says, Lisa is a closet cuddler.

When she steps into Roseanne's place, it's quieter than she expects. The kitchen light isn't on and she's not on the couch playing her Gameman.

The night is still fairly young, but it's pretty clear Roseanne is already in bed. Lisa wonders if she's still tired from their trip. Hopefully she's not coming down with something.

Walking down the hallway, she stops just outside of Roseanne's room - the door slightly ajar.

Should she knock? Roseanne knows she's coming and it isn't like they haven't seen each other in various states of indecency. But this is Roseanne's space, Lisa doesn't want to intrude on that without welcome.

So she knocks softly, three times. "Rosie?"

"Come in," Roseanne says, her voice surprisingly soft.

Lisa pushes the door open. "I thought you'd be up, you must be...tired...oh."

Pink, all she sees is pink.

Roseanne is lying on her back, a white tank top pushed up and exposing her stomach, shoulders on full display. She has on a pair of boxer briefs that hug her hips snugly and on top of that is a strap on. A bright pink strap-on with the fasteners around her waist.

"I'm glad you weren't here when I was putting this on cause it looked kind of like a seal trying to get out of a paper bag."

"Rosie," Lisa's throat is dry, her fingers feel kind of numb and tingly. Roseane is lying on her bed, head propped up on a stack of pillows, wearing a strap-on. "Wh...when did...when?"

She sees Roseanne grin. "Somi brought it by this morning while you went to town."

Lisa is still holding her things, just standing in the doorway. "That's why you didn't come?"

"Yeah, I uh...she helped me figure all the straps and stuff out. I...I know we didn't really talk about it but I thought...is it weird?"

This is what snaps Lisa out of the fog, because Roseanne is clearly excited about this but also very nervous - because it is a lot.