E | Juhkam

"How much did they cost?" I put my legs through the table

"How much did they cost?" I put my legs through the table. I turn to Micco and the boy he's talking to.

"They're free, but if I break them, they're going to be sixteen dollars," the boy says, touching his headphones.

"I'll ask my doctor if I can get them next week," Micco says, and he turns to me.

"So, what did you come here for?"

"My mom," I say. Both of their eyebrows rise. "She's having surgery.

"Is Aiukl going to sit with them?" I point to Aiukl and the three girls, "they have group therapy after this together, so they have to sit together," Micco says,

I open my mango smoothie and sip it and put it down. "Where are you guys going after breakfast?" I scrab the rice and jimin with my right hand.

"Group therapy, we're talking about mental breakdowns," Micco says, "did you come here for that?"

"I did, he came here because," Micco's friend pauses. "Social anxiety," Micco says, "couldn't you go to therapy instead?"

"Yeah, I could, but Aiukl doesn't want to be alone. I also thought coming here meant no schoolwork," Micco explains.

"I don't know how you thought that. One of the first things my dad told me was that I was still going to do schoolwork," Micco's friend says.

Micco glares at him, "not everyone's parents are set on ruining their lives, okay!"

Micco turns to me "so does it taste good?"

"Yeah, but it would be better with lime," I say, getting another handful of rice and jimin.

"I can get lime for you, I need to get something anyway," Micco's friend says, "thanks," I say.

The boy gets off the table and walks to the food court.

"What's his name?" I turn to Micco. "Kaga," Micco says.

"Do you guys do book clubs here?" I open my mango smoothie, and sip it, close it with the cap.

"No, you can only be here for a month so no time, that is if you're okay to be let go. But if you're not, then the Psychiatric hospital. I don't know if they do book clubs though," Micco explains.

"They do. My grandmother told me, and she practically lives there, it's not that bad," I say.

"I know, it's just, my sister might go there," he whispers, putting his head down. "Aiukl?"

"Wait why does grandmother practically live there?"

"You know Mirada, right?"

Micco eyebrow arches, "she's your grandmother?"

I raise my eyebrow, "no, but grandmother sued her right after they graduated college, they-."

"Who and your grandmother?" Kaga puts the lime on the table and walks to his spot.